Shout out to our alumni living abroad: do you want to (help us) organise a Sinterklaas-borrel in your home town? Then join this Sinterklaas-in-a-box Event!
Event-in-box is a concept to help our alumni organise their own alumni events all over the world. We send our volunteer-organiser a box which gives them all the tools they need to organise a successful event. Last June 10 Lustrum-in-a-box events were organised all over the world. This time we would love to help our alumni organise a truly Dutch Sinterklaas-evening. Alumni Sinterklaas-borrels are already hosted in Mexico City, Quito, London and Istanbul. Check out our agenda for more information about these events.
What is the Sinterklaas-in-a-box Event exactly?
In short: a Sinterklaar-borrel: an informal, Sinterklaas-themed evening to bring alumni together. Pepernoten, speculaas and marzipan will get the Sinterklaas-spirits flowing and the Sinterklaas Dice Game will top off the evening (game where small presents are shared).
The event is hosted by a local volunteer alumn, supported by TU Delft Alumni Relations. We will provide nibbles and all items for the game, but our alumni will need to pay for their own drinks.
What is expected from the volunteer-organiser?
- Be our main point of contact for this event
- Decide upon a date + time for the event
- Book a location for the event
- Be the host during the event
- Help us spread the invitation
What will Alumni Relations do?
- Send out the invitation for the event to alumni in our database
- Take care of the registrations (through an online registration form)
- Send a box with everything you need to host the event (from pepernoten to the instructions of the Sinterklaas-dice-game)
And now the big question: would you like to be a volunteer-organiser and host a Sinterklaas-event for your fellow alumni in your city? Please let us know before 24 November and we can start organising the event. Make sure to also send us the address to which we should send the Sinterklaas-goodies.
Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.