Application of electron back scatter diffraction in analysis of phase transformations and deformation
To understand the possibilities and limitations of Electron Backscatter Diffraction
Basic introduction to quantitative texture analysis
- Operational principles of EBSD, including sample preparation
- Orientation mapping for characterisation of multiphase metals
- Analysis of plastic deformation and damage
- New methods for orientation mapping: transmission Kikuchi diffraction in SEM ,automatic crystal orientation mapping in TEM, 3D-EBSD in FIB and in large-scalescans.
- Principles of crystallography, defects and texture
- Principles of Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Principles of phase transformations and plastic deformation in metals
1.Valery Randle and Olaf Engler, Introduction to Texture Analysis: Macrotexture,Microtexture and Orientation Mapping, Overseas Publishers Association, NY (2000), ISBN: 90-5699-224-4.
2.Roumen Petrov and Leo Kestens, Advanced steels – Characterisation by EBSD,Encyclopedia of Iron, Steel, and Their Alloys DOI: 10.1081/E-EISA-120050786 Copyright © 2015 by Taylor & Francis.
1.Electron Backscatter Diffraction in Materials Science, second edition, Editors:Adam J. Schwartz · Mukul Kumar · Brent L. Adams · David P. Field, c Springer Science & Business Media, LLC 2009, ISBN 978-0-387-88135-5 e-ISBN 978-0-387-88136-2.
Prof.Dr. Roumen Petrov, Prof.Dr.Ir. Leo Kestens
The course will be offered on the following Thursdays:
21 and 28 March 2019
4, 11 and 18 April 2019
Time: 11:00−3:00 hrs.
Faculty 3mE (Building 34)
The course will be offered for a minimum of 5 participants and a maximum of 15 participants per session. Access will be on a first come first served basis.
Individual practical tasks combining setting a measurement and data post-processing.
PhD candidates wishing to participate should contact Prof.Dr. Roumen Petrov by email (email@example.com) at least one week before the start of the course, indicating their primary study, supervisor/promoter and preferred start date.