Frequently asked questions

Can I do courses at another university in the Netherlands or abroad?

Yes. Courses from the 3TU System and Control program (from Eindhoven or Twente) are allowed without special permission from the Exam committee. For other courses the exam committee has to approve the course list with the courses at the other university in the Netherlands or abroad. Usually the student will first make an appointment with the MSc coordinator to discuss the course list. 

Can I do my final thesis work in industry or another university in the Netherlands or abroad?

Yes, but realize that the proposal for a final MSc thesis project in industry or another university in the Netherlands or abroad has to approved by a staff member of DCSC.

This staff member will act as a contact person with the daily supervisor at the other university or in industry. If you want to do your final MSc project in industry there two options:

  1. You find your project by one of the staff members.
  2. If you already are in contact with industry and you have a possible project, it is advisable to find an interested staff member who wants to act as a contact person as soon as possible.

Usually it is easier to let the staff member do all the arrangements. Furthermore, when it is not possible for the student to attend sufficient colloquia, the Msc supervisor at DCSC and the student have to decide how the project work can be carried out at the MSc working place. (Note that it is compulsory for you to attend at least 13 colloquia. See the graduation guide).

Can I put courses from another MSc program outside Delft on my course list?

Yes, with a maximum of 6 ECTS in the System and Control electives part, and 4 ECTS in the free elective part. The Exam committee has to approve your course list. 

What is the procedure for obtaining a Double degree?

Master students at TU Delft have the possibility to compose their own individual Double Degree master program. This means that you can combine two master study programmes to one Double Degree MSc programme.

Get here your application form for double degree.

More information of individual double degree.

What is the procedure for obtaining a Honours degree?

The Honours Programme Delft is for bachelor’s and master’s students looking for a challenge over and above what their curriculum offers. It’s a challenging additional programme for students with higher than average performance. Carry out independent research and/or projects and take initiative as you design a large proportion of the programme yourself. Together with Honours Programme Delft students from other disciplines, you may for example, work on research for a full professor, write a business plan, carry out a project for a company, or organise an academic lecture for fellow students. As mentioned previously: with Honours Programme Delft the initiative lies with you. Because of this the possibilities are endless and very much dependant on your own interests and the challenges you’re willing to accept.

See also  the website.

Get here your application form for honours degree.​