Amoozandeh Nobaveh, Ali
Ali Amoozandeh is a PhD researcher in Mechatronic Systems Design group at Delft University of Technology. His research focuses on the design of spatial compliant mechanisms with specific force-deflection behavior. The application of these mechanisms ranges from exoskeletons to precision systems. Ali started his PhD project at the precision and microsystems engineering department in June 2019 after obtaining his master degree in Mechanical Engineering at Sharif University of Technology. He has worked on a handful of robotics and machine design projects before starting his PhD. Currently, He is doing his research under the supervision of Giuseppe Radaelli and Just L. Herder.
- Spatial compliant mechanisms
- Mechatronic systems
- Human-robot interaction
Related to PhD project:
- “Asymmetric Spatial Beams with Symmetric Kinetostatic Behaviour”, Ali Amoozandeh Nobaveh, Giuseppe Radaelli, Just L. Herder, 23rd CISM IFToMM Symposium on Robot Design, Dynamics and Control (Romansy 2020).
- “A Design Tool for Passive Wrist Support”, Ali Amoozandeh Nobaveh, Giuseppe Radaelli, Just L. Herder, International Symposium on Wearable Robotics (WeRob 2020).
- “Methods for Shape Fitting in Morphing Compliant Mechanisms”, Alden Yellowhorse, Jelle Rommers, Ali Amoozandeh, Just L. Herder, International Design Engineering Technical Conferences (IDETC 2021).
- “Neutrally stable transition of a curved-crease planar shell structure”, Sjaak Kok, Giuseppe Radaelli, Ali Amoozandeh Nobaveh and Just Herder, Extreme Mechanics Letters (EML 2021).
- “Symmetric Kinetostatic Behavior from Asymmetric Spatial Compliant Beams”, Ali Amoozandeh Nobaveh, Giuseppe Radaelli, Just L. Herder, (Submitted 2021).
- “Spatial Compliant Beams with Anisotropic Variable Stiffness”, Ali Amoozandeh Nobaveh, Giuseppe Radaelli, Ron A.J. van Ostayen, Just L. Herder, (In Preparation 2021).
- “Design, Fabrication, and Evaluation of the Maya Social Robot”, E Ranjkar, R Rafatnejad, A Amoozandeh Nobaveh, A Meghdari, M Alemi, 7th International Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics (ICRoM 2019).
- “Design performance characteristics of a social robot companion Arash for pediatric hospitals”, Ali Meghdari, Azadeh Shariati, Minoo Alemi, Ali Amoozandeh, Mobin Khamooshi, Behrad Mozafari, International Journal of Humanoid Robotics (IJHR 2018).
- “Arash: A social robot buddy to support children with cancer in a hospital environment”, Meghdari, A. Shariati, M. Alemi, Gh. R. Vossoughi, A. Eydi, E. Ahmadi, B. Mozafari, A. Amoozandeh Nobaveh, R. Tahami, Journal of Engineering in Medicine (IMechE 2018).
- “Virtual Reality Social Robot Platform: A Case Study on Arash Social Robot”, Azadeh Shariati, Mojtaba Shahab, Ali Meghdari, Ali Amoozandeh Nobaveh, Raman Rafatnezhad, Behrad Mozafari, 10th International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR 2018).
- “Virtual Social Toys: A Novel Concept to Bring Inanimate Dolls to Life”, Alireza Taheri, Mojtaba Shahab, Ali Meghdari, Minoo Alemi, Ali Amoozandeh Nobaveh, Zeynab Rokhi, Ali Ghorbandaei Pour, 10th International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR 2018).
- “Conceptual design of a social robot for pediatric hospitals”, Ali Meghdari, Minoo Alemi, Mobin Khamooshi, Ali Amoozandeh, Azadeh Shariati, Behrad Mozafari, 4th International Conference on Robotics and Mechatronics (ICRoM 2016).
Coaching MSc students:
- Robin Mak (2021), A Compliant Differential Mechanism using Energy Reintroduction for Stiffness Reduction
- Marc Gritter (2021), Design of a robot mounted X-type projection welding machine
- Robyn Gerlach (2021), Compliant curved beam transmission systems
- Laurens Staats (2021), Stiffness reduction of cantilever I-beams through lateral torsional buckling for compliant beams
- Tom Cratsborn (2021), Designing a compliant hip-back support for an exoskeleton
- Maurice Valentijn (2020), Thin-walled warping beams for differential mechanism applications
- Sjaak Kok (2020), Towards Neutrally Stable Compliant Shells