Dr. Zhaojie Sun
Dr. Sun received the Bachelor degree and the Master degree from Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) in 2012 and 2014, respectively. After that, he worked as a researcher in the School of Transportation Science and Engineering of HIT for about two years. Then, he joined Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) as a PhD candidate and received the PhD degree in 2022. Currently, he works as a postdoc researcher in the section of Pavement Engineering at TU Delft.
During his Bachelor and Master studies, he gained the experience in evaluating the performance of bitumen and asphalt mixture with a focus on pavement sustainability. During his PhD study, he focused on the parameter identification of pavements by using moving loads.
- Postdoc researcher, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2021-Present
- Researcher, School of Transportation Science and Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, 2014-2016
- PhD, Pavement Engineering, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 2016-2021
- MEng, Transportation Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, 2012-2014
- BEng, Road, Bridge and River Crossing Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, China, 2008-2012
- Dynamic response analysis of pavements
- Non-destructive testing methods of pavements
- Sustainable pavement materials and technologies
- Zhaojie Sun, Cor Kasbergen, Karel N. van Dalen, Kumar Anupam, Athanasios Skarpas, Sandra M.J.G. Erkens, 2022. A parameter identification technique for traffic speed deflectometer tests of pavements. Road Materials and Pavement Design, 1-23.
- Zhaojie Sun, Cor Kasbergen, Athanasios Skarpas, Karel N. van Dalen, Kumar Anupam, Sandra M.J.G. Erkens, 2022. A nonlinear spectral element model for the simulation of traffic speed deflectometer tests of asphalt pavements. International Journal of Pavement Engineering, 23(4), 1186-1197.
- Zhaojie Sun, Cor Kasbergen, Athanasios Skarpas, Kumar Anupam, Karel N. van Dalen, Sandra M.J.G. Erkens, 2019. Dynamic analysis of layered systems under a moving harmonic rectangular load based on the spectral element method. International Journal of Solids and Structures, 180-181, 45-61.
- Zhaojie Sun, Junyan Yi, Decheng Feng, Cor Kasbergen, Athanasios Scarpas, Yiming Zhu, 2018. Preparation of bio-bitumen by bio-oil based on free radical polymerization and production process optimization. Journal of Cleaner Production, 189, 21-29.
- Zhaojie Sun, Junyan Yi, Yudong Huang, Decheng Feng, Chaoyang Guo, 2016. Properties of asphalt binder modified by bio-oil derived from waste cooking oil. Construction and Building Materials, 102, 496-504.