Ali is currently a postdoc researcher as a part of a research team working on the project “BLUE piling” at the Section of Geo-engineering at Delft University of Technology. His main focus is to numerically study the behaviour of soils, using advanced numerical approaches and soil constitutive models, when offshore mono-piles are installed via different techniques.
Before that, Ali joined the Section of Geo-engineering as a PhD researcher in 2017. He was a research member of the project “Energy-piles in The Netherlands”. As a part of his research, he developed thermomechanical constitutive models for geomaterials. Ali also collaborated with DIANA FEA B.V. to implement thermomechanical models in in DIANA FEA boundary-value solver. He also conducted temperature-controlled triaxial tests to understand the thermomechanical behaviour of fine-grained soils.
Ali’s main research interest focuses on theoretical and computational solid mechanics and geomechanics, particularly on developing constitutive models for geomaterials and numerical implementation of constitutive models in boundary value solvers (e.g. FEM). He also uses advanced numerical approaches for large deformation problems such as Arbitrary-Lagrangian-Eulerian (ALE) method and advanced soil constitutive models, to investigate the behaviour of granular soils and excess pore water pressure generation, when offshore monopoles are installed via impact and vibratory driving techniques.
- Y. Guo, A. Golchin, P. Vardon, S. Liu, G. Zhang, M. Hicks (2021). Experimental investigation of soil-structure interface behaviour under monotonic and cyclic thermal loading (in preparation).
- A. Golchin, P. Vardon, M. Hicks.(2021). A thermodynamically consistent bubble thermomechanical model considering thermal cyclic behaviour of fine-grained soils (submitted).
- A. Golchin, P. Vardon, M. Hicks, W. Coombs (2021). A flexible and robust yield function for geomaterials (submitted).
- A. Golchin, P. Vardon, M. Hicks (2020). A thermomechnical constitutive model for fine-grained soils based on thermodynamics (In Press).
- A. Golchin, A. Lashkari (2014). A critical state sand model with elastic-plastic coupling. International Journal of Solids and Structures.
- A. Lashkari, A. Golchin. (2014). On the influence of elastic-plastic coupling on sands response. Computers and Geotechnics.
- A. Golchin, P. Vardon, M. Hicks, W. Coombs, I. Pantev (2020). On the numerical implementation of a thermomechanical hyperplasticity model for fine-grained soils (Proceedings of 16th IACMAG, Torino, Italy, 2020).
- A. Golchin, P. Vardon, M. Hicks (2019). A thermodynamically based thermo-mechanical constitutive model for fine-grained soils (Proceedings of the XVII ECSMGE, Reykjavik, Iceland, 2019)
- A. Golchin, P. Vardon, M. Hicks, I. Pantev, M. Arzanfudi (2019). Energy-piles in The Netherlands: geotechnical behaviour (European Geothermal congress, The Hague, The Netherlands, 2019)
- A. Lashkari, A. Golchin (2013). A critical state sand model with elastic-plastic coupling (Constitutive modelling of geomaterials, Springer series in geomechanics and geoengineering, 2013)
- A. Golchin, A. Lashkari (2012). Study on the influence of elasticity on predictions of elasto-plastic models of granular soils (20th annual international conference on mechanical engineering-ISME, Shiraz, Iran, 2012)
- A. Golchin, A. Lashkari (2012). Constitutive equations for the elastic behaviour of granular soils with thermodynamics considerations (9th International Congress on Civil Engineering, Isfahan, Iran, 2012)