Ir. L. (Lotfi) Massarweh
Graduated cum Laude in aerospace engineering (M.Sc. in Space Flight) at TU Delft, Honours B.Sc. degree at Polytechnic of Milan. Firstly employed at CNRS (in Toulouse) and TU Delft Space Institute, later at Deimos Engenharia as Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellow for the H2020 TREASURE project, while researcher in the Institute for Systems and Robotics (ISR|Lisboa).
Stakhanovite and motivated, since a young age I have dreamed of finding a future in the space engineering sector.
Currently working at TU Delft on Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) precise positioning of ground-based and space-based users. In particular, the Ph.D. work focus is on High-Dimensional Ambiguity Resolution (HDAR), in the context of Orbit Determination and Time Synchronization (ODTS), along with PPP-RTK network estimation. Other research activities are nonetheless carried out on, e.g., LEO-based iono-plasmasphere estimation, PPP/PPP-AR engine development in support to Galileo 2nd Generation (G2G) and GNSS algorithms for on-board/on-ground Kinematic POD.
- Massarweh, L., Strasser, S., & Mayer-Gürr, T. (2021). On vectorial integer bootstrapping implementations in the estimation of satellite orbits and clocks based on small global networks. Advances in Space Research, 68(11), 4303-4320.
- Teunissen, P.J.G., Massarweh, L. & Verhagen, S. Vectorial integer bootstrapping: flexible integer estimation with application to GNSS. J Geod 95, 99 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00190-021-01552-2
- L. Massarweh, M. Fortunato and C. Gioia, "Assessment of Real-time Multipath Detection with Android Raw GNSS Measurements by Using a Xiaomi Mi 8 Smartphone," 2020 IEEE/ION Position, Location and Navigation Symposium (PLANS), 2020, pp. 1111-1122, doi: 10.1109/PLANS46316.2020.9110169.
- Massarweh, Lotfi, Darugna, Francesco, Psychas, Dimitrios, Bruno, Jon, "Statistical Investigation of Android GNSS Data: Case Study Using Xiaomi Mi 8 Dual-Frequency Raw Measurements," Proceedings of the 32nd International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of The Institute of Navigation (ION GNSS+ 2019), Miami, Florida, September 2019, pp. 3847-3861. https://doi.org/10.33012/2019.17072
- Psychas, Dimitrios, Bruno, Jon, Massarweh, Lotfi, Darugna, Francesco, "Towards Sub-meter Positioning using Android Raw GNSS Measurements," Proceedings of the 32nd International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of The Institute of Navigation (ION GNSS+ 2019), Miami, Florida, September 2019, pp. 3917-3931. https://doi.org/10.33012/2019.17077
- Garcia, R. F., Bruinsma, S., Massarweh, L., & Doornbos, E. (2016). Medium‐scale gravity wave activity in the thermosphere inferred from GOCE data. Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics, 121(8), 8089-8102.
- Massarweh, L., & Cappuccio, P. (2020). On the Restricted 3-Body Problem for the Saturn-Enceladus system: mission geometry & orbit design for plume sampling missions. In AIAA Scitech 2020 Forum (p. 0467).
Other research works are available in ResearchGate or Google Scholar.
- Winner 1st Prize of the 2019 Caltech Space Challenge (team Voyager), organized by the Caltech with the participation of NASA JPL.
- - Winner 1st Prize of the Galileo App Competition 2018/2019 (team O ThiSaVRoS), organized by ESA in collaboration with Google.
- - Winner 1st Place of the student competition at the International Summerschool on GNSS 2019 (team INCAS), organized by ESA/JRC.
- - Winner 1st Prize of the 2019 Galileo Masters University Challenge (FreeWheel platform).
- +39 3205607021
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Stevinweg 1 / PO box 5048
2628 CN Delft / 2600 GA Delft
Monday till Friday