Prof.dr. L.L.A. (Bert) Vermeersen
Full Professor of Planetary Exploration at the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering (0.7 fte) and at the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences (0.1 fte).
Senior Researcher on sea level change at the Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research NIOZ (0.2 fte).
- Planetary exploration
- Sea level change
The focus of my planetary exploration research is on the moons of Jupiter and Saturn. Research on sea level change involves both present-day and geological periods.
- Dirkx, D., L.L.A. Vermeersen, R. Noomen, and P.N.A.M. Visser, Phobos laser ranging: Numerical geodesy experiments for Martian system science, Planet. Space Sci., 99, 84-102, 2014.
- Jara-Orué, H.M., and L.L.A. Vermeersen, The forced libration of Europa's deformable shell and its dependence on interior parameters, Icarus, 229, 31-44, 2014.
- Stocchi, P., C. Escutia, A.J.P. Houben, L.L.A. Vermeersen, P.K. Bijl, H. Brinkhuis, R.M. DeConto, S. Galeotti, S. Passchier, and 456 IODP Expedition Scientists, Relative sea-level rise around East Antarctic during Oligocene glaciation, Nature Geoscience, 6, 380-384, 2013.
- Wu, X., M.B. Heflin, H.H.A. Schotman, L.L.A. Vermeersen, D. Dong, R.S. Gross, E.R. Ivins, A.W. Moore, and S.E. Owen, Simultaneous estimation of global present-day water transport and glacial isostatic adjustment, Nature Geoscience, 3, 642-646, 2010.
- Bamber, J.L., R.E.M. Riva, L.L.A. Vermeersen, and A.M. LeBroq, Reassessment of the potential sea-level rise from a collapse of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet, Science, 324, 901-903, 2009.
- Riva, R.E.M., B.C. Gunter, T.J. Urban, L.L.A. Vermeersen, R.C. Lindenbergh, M.M. Helsen, J.L. Bamber, B.E. Schutz, R.S.W. van de Wal, and M.R. van den Broeke, Glacial isostatic adjustment over Antarctica from combined ICESat and GRACE satellite data, Earth Planet. Sci. Lett., 288, 516-523, 2009.
- Vermeersen, L.L.A., and H.H.A. Schotman, High-harmonic geoid signatures related to glacial isostatic adjustment and their detectability by GOCE, J. Geodynamics, 46, 174-181, 2008.
- Vermeersen, L.L.A., Challenges from solid earth dynamics for satellite gravity field missions in the post-GOCE era, Earth Moon Planets, 94, 31-42, 2005.
- Vermeersen, L.L.A., The potential of GOCE in constraining the structure of the crust and lithosphere from post-glacial rebound, Space Sci. Rev., 108(1-2), 105-113, 2003.
- Vermeersen, L.L.A., and J.X. Mitrovica, Gravitational stability of spherical self-gravitating relaxation models, Geophys. J. Int.,142, 351-360, 2000.
Professor of Planetary Exploration
Faculty of Aerospace Engineering (AE)
Kluyverweg 1 / PO box 5058
2629 HS Delft / 2600 GB Delft
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences (CEG)
Stevinweg 1 / PO box 5048
2628 CN Delft / 2600 G