Jantien Rutten is a postdoctoral researcher in the section of Environmental Fluid Mechanics. She is working within the Reflex project, in which she investigates the directional dynamics of infragravity waves.
Jantien obtained her PhD at Utrecht University in 2018 on sandbar dynamics at man-made curved coasts. Then, she worked as postdoctoral researcher at the UNAM, Mexico for 2.5 years. There, she started within a project that focused on the uncertainty in runup predictions. In 2020, she obtained a postdoctoral grant at the UNAM that allowed her to investigate the beaching dynamics of Sargassum.
- Rutten, J., Arriaga, J., Montoya, L.D., Marino-Tapia, I.J., Escalante_Mancera, E., Mendoza, E.T., Van Tussenbroek, B.I., Appendini, C.M., 2021. Beaching and Natural Removal Dynamics of Pelagic Sargassum in a Fringing‐Reef Lagoon. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 126, 11.
- Rutten, J., Torres-Freyermuth, A., Puleo, J.A., 2021. Uncertainty in runup predictions on natural beaches using XBeach nonhydrostatic. Coastal Engineering, 166.
- Arriaga, J., Ribas, F., Falques, A. Rutten, J., Ruessink, B.G., 2020. Long-Term Performance of Mega-Nourishments: Role of Directional Wave Climate and Initial Geometry. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering, 8, 12.
- Rutten, J., Dubarbier, B., Price, T.D., Ruessink, B.G., Castelle, B., 2019. Alongshore variability in crescentic sandbar patterns at a strongly curved coast. Journal of Geophysical Research: Earth Surface.
- Rutten, J., Ruessink, B.G., Price, T. D., 2018. Observations on sandbar behaviour along a man-made curved coast. Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, 43: 134-149.
- Rutten, J., De Jong, S.M., Ruessink, B.G., 2017. Accuracy of Nearshore Bathymetry Inverted From X-Band Radar and Optical Video Data. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 55 (2): 1106-1116.
- Arriaga, J., Rutten, J., Ribas, F., Falques, A., Ruessink, B.G., 2017. Modeling the long-term diffusion and feeding capability of a mega-nourishment. Coastal Engineering, 121: 1-13.
- De Schipper, M.A., De Vries, S., Ruessink, B.G., De Zeeuw, R.C., Rutten, J., Van Gelder-Maas, C., Stive, M.J.F., 2016. Initial spreading of a mega feeder nourishment - Observations of the Sand Engine pilot project. Coastal Engineering, 111: 23-38.
Atlas. 26 January 2022. Is de kustlijn klaar voor een nieuwe superstorm (television broadcast)
Room number: 2.87
Faculty of CEG
2628 CN Delft
PO box 5048
2600 GA Delft
Presence: Mon - Thu