Patricia Mares Nasarre
Patricia holds a PhD in Civil Engineering from Universitat Politecnica de Valencia (Spain), during which she specialized on wave dynamics and wave-structure interaction, with special focus on mound breakwaters. After her PhD, Patricia was appointed as the coordinator of a physical modelling laboratory, where she worked on coastal flood protection in coral reef areas. Patricia also has experience on the private sector, where she worked on the damage evolution and reliability assessment of ageing coastal structures.
As a lecturer in TU Delft, Patricia is involved in courses related to probability, dependence modelling and uncertainty analysis. She is also developing research on modelling the multivariate uncertainty of wind and wave dynamics and its application on the improvement of life cycle and reliability assessment of hydraulic and coastal structures.
- CEGM1000: Modelling, Uncertainty and Data for Engineers (Q1 and Q2)
- Advance Topics in Probability and Statistics for Engineers (Q6)
Patricia also supervises MSc thesis.
- Mares-Nasarre, P., Molines, J., Gómez-Martín, M.E., Medina, J.R. (2022). Hydraulic stability of cube-armored mound breakwaters in depth-limited breaking wave conditions. Ocean engineering 258, 111845. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2022.111845
- Mares-Nasarre P., van Gent, M.R.A. (2020). Oblique wave attack on rubble mound breakwater crest walls of finite length. Water 12(2), 353. https://doi.org/10.3390/w12020353
- Mares-Nasarre, P., Molines, J., Gómez-Martín, M.E., Medina, J.R. (2020). Individual wave overtopping volumes on mound breakwaters in breaking conditions and gentle sea bottoms. Coastal Engineering 159, 103703. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.coastaleng.2020.103703
- Mares-Nasarre, P., Argente, G., Gómez-Martín, M.E., Medina, J.R. (2021). Armor damage of overtopped mound breakwaters in depth-limited breaking wave conditions. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering 9(9), 952. https://doi.org/10.3390/jmse9090952
- Mares-Nasarre, P., Molines, J., Gómez-Martín, M.E., Medina, J.R. (2021). Explicit Neural Network-derived formula for overtopping flow on mound breakwaters in depth-limited breaking wave conditions.Coastal Engineering 164, 103810. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.coastaleng.2020.103810