Research & Projects
SmartPort Rotterdam, research on quay wall of the future: a case study on the actual behavior of the EMO quay wall. This research includes assessment of sensor data (stresses and displacements of the quay wall) and FEM-modeling (Plaxis) to analyse the actual behavior and possibilities to increase surcharge loads and/or water depth in front of the quay wall.
- From 2001-date: various port master plan studies and feasibility studies.
- From 2001-date: various port design projects such as the design of a new LNG breakbulk terminal (Gate Rotterdam), an oil terminal, grain terminal, timber and general cargo terminal.
- From 2001-date: various IWT projects such as the extension of the Beatrix sluice complex with a third lock chamber, ‘MIRT verkenning’ of an additional lock in Ijmuiden, various designs of piled fendering, various nautical safety assessments.
Membership of Professional Associations
- The World Association for Waterborne Transport Infrastructure (PIANC).
- From 2014-date: member of the PIANC Working Group 167 - Design of Terminals for RoRo and RoPax vessels
- From 2009-2015: Secretary of PIANC Working Group 135 - Design principles for small to medium marine container terminals
Countries of Work Experience
Estonia, France, Latvia, Kazakhstan