Proceedings are available
The proceedings of Traffic and Granular Flow 2015 have appeared, and are available at Springer. Digitally, the book can be found at the Springer website.
Participants have received a copy of the proceedings.
On the Traffic and Granular Flow conference
The Conference on Traffic and Granular Flow brings together international researchers from different fields ranging from physics to computer science and engineering to discuss the latest developments in traffic-related systems.
The eleventh edition of this world wide conference has been held in 2015 in Nootdorp, near Delft, the Netherlands.
Originally conceived to facilitate new ideas by considering the similarities of traffic and granular flow, TGF'15 now covers a broad range of topics related to driven particle and transport systems. Besides the classical topics of granular flow and highway traffic, its scope includes data transport (Internet traffic), pedestrian and evacuation dynamics, intercellular transport, swarm behaviour and collective dynamics of other biological systems.
Recent progress in modelling, computer simulation and phenomenology will be presented, and prospects for applications, for example to traffic control, will be discussed.
The conference intends to explore the interrelations between the above-mentioned fields and offers the opportunity to stimulate interdisciplinary research, exchange ideas, and meet many experts in these areas of research.
The conference covers, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Highway and urban vehicular traffic
- Granular flow and dynamics of granular materials (jamming, force networks, dense and intermittent flows, friction, ...)
- Pedestrian and evacuation dynamics
- Collective motion in biological systems (swarm dynamics, molecular motors, social insects, ...)
- Complex networks and their dynamics (transportation networks, Internet, epidemics, social networks, ...)
- Intelligent traffic systems (ITS)