Dr. M. (Michela) Le Pira
Michela Le Pira is a visiting researcher from the University of Catania (Italy), where she is currently a lecturer/research fellow (ricercatore t.d. a) and completed her studies in Civil and Transport Engineering (B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D.). She worked as a PostDoc at the University of Roma Tre and at the University of Catania. Her background is in transport planning, especially models to support stakeholder engagement processes, including multi-criteria analysis, agent-based models and discrete choice models.
Responsible of a three-year research project funded by the “Attraction and International Mobility” (AIM) programme of the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research, supported by the European Social Fund 2014-2020, on the study of innovative transport systems related to the new shared mobility and MaaS paradigm. At the T&P department, she will focus on new transport services and policies to integrate passenger with freight transport, and how to combine them in a MaaS ecosystem.
- Inturri, G., Le Pira, M., Giuffrida, N., Ignaccolo, M., Pluchino, A., Rapisarda, A., D’Angelo, R. (2019). Multi-agent simulation for planning and designing new shared mobility services. Research in Transportation Economics 73, 34-44
- Le Pira, M. (2018). Transport planning with stakeholders: an agent-based modelling approach. International Journal of Transport Economics 45, 1, 15-32.
- Marcucci, E., Gatta, V., Le Pira, M. (2018). Gamification design to foster stakeholder engagement and behavior change: An application to urban freight transport. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 118, 119-132.
- Marcucci, E., Le Pira, M., Gatta, V., Ignaccolo, M., Inturri, G., Pluchino, A. (2017). Simulating participatory urban freight transport policy-making: Accounting for heterogeneous stakeholders’ preferences and interaction effects. Transportation Research Part E 103, 69-86.
- Le Pira, M., Marcucci, E., Gatta, V., Inturri, G., Ignaccolo, M., Pluchino, A. (2017). Integrating discrete choice models and agent-based models for ex-ante evaluation of stakeholder policy acceptability in urban freight transport. Research in transportation economics 64, 13-25.
- Gatta, V., Marcucci, E., Le Pira, M. (2017). Smart urban freight planning process: integrating desk, living lab and modelling approaches in decision-making. European Transport Research Review 9: 32.
- Caprì, S., Ignaccolo, M., Inturri, G., Le Pira, M., (2016). Green walking networks for climate change adaptation. Transportation Research Part D 45, 84–95.
- Le Pira, M., Ignaccolo, M., Inturri, G., Pluchino, A., Rapisarda, A. (2016). Modelling stakeholder participation in transport planning. Case Studies on Transport Policy 4 (3), 230-238.