S. (Sina) Nordhoff
Since 01/06/2015: PhD Student investigating user acceptance of automated vehicles in public transport, Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands, and the Innovation Centre for Mobility & Societal Change, Berlin
Job profile: Problem identification; development and testing of questionnaires and interview guides to capture feedback of shuttle users; designing and performing experiments to examine the interaction between automated shuttles and users; data analysis; reporting of results to diverse stakeholders; publication.
06/2013-08/2014: Working student at research group Society & Technology, Daimler AG, Berlin
Job profile: Market and environmental analyses of electric mobility in Europe, China and Australia; comparison of requirements of electric and hybrid vehicles; identification of trends in the field of mobility, society and urban development; identification of influential factors for innovative mobility concepts; analysis of online survey on demands of mobility concepts; online survey on the willingness of people to adopt Google’s self-driving car (master thesis).
Seminar: Automated driving: bane or boon for conventional traffic?
Technical University Berlin, Germany.
Preparing and giving lectures to regular Bachelor and Master students. Providing technical/material support for lectures, correcting written exams.
- Nordhoff, S., Louw, T., Madigan, R., Lee, Y. M., Innamaa, S., Lehtonen, E., Malin, F., Bjorvatn, A., Beuster, A., Happee, R., Kessel, T., & Merat, N. (2022). Profiling the Sceptical, Neutral, and Enthusiastic Users of Conditionally Automated Cars in 17 Countries: A Questionnaire Study. Journal of Advanced Transportation, doi.org/10.1155/2022/8053228
- Nordhoff, S., Stapel, J., Xiaolin, H., Gentner, A., & Happee, R. (2021). Perceived safety and trust in SAE Level 2 partly automated cars: Results from an online questionnaire. PLOS ONE, 16, 12, e0260953. journals.plos.org/plosone/article
- Nordhoff, S., Malmsten, V., Van Arem, B., Liu, P., & Happee, R. (2021). A structural equation modeling approach for the acceptance of driverless automated shuttles based on constructs from the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology and the Diffusion of Innovation Theory. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 78, 58–73. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1369847821000012
- Nordhoff, S., Madigan, R., Van Arem, B., Merat, N., & Happee, R. (2021). Interrelationships among predictors of automated vehicle acceptance: a structural equation modeling approach. Theoretical Issues in Ergonomics Science, 1–26.
- Nordhoff, S., Louw, T., Innamaa, S., Lehtonen, E., Beuster, A., Torrao, G., Bjorvatn, A., Kessel, T., Malin, F., Happee, R., & Merat, N. (2020). Using the UTAUT2 model to explain public acceptance of conditionally automated (L3) cars: A representative questionnaire study among 9,118 car drivers from eight European countries. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 74, 280– 297. www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1369847820304824
- Nordhoff, S., Stapel, J., Van Arem, B., & Happee, R. (2020). Passenger opinions of the perceived safety and interaction with automated shuttles: A test ride study with hidden safety steward. Transportation Research Part A: Policy & Practice, 138, 508– 524. www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0965856420305917
- Nordhoff, S. Kyriakidis, M., Van Arem, B., & Happee, R. (2019). A multi-level model on automated vehicle acceptance (MAVA): A review-based study. Theoretical Issues in Ergonomics Science, 20, 682- 710. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1463922X.2019.1621406
- Nordhoff, S., De Winter, J. C. F., Payre, W., Van Arem, B., & Happee, R. (2019). What impressions do users have after a ride in an automated shuttle? An interview study. Submitted to Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology & Behaviour.
- Nordhoff, S., De Winter, J. C. F., Madigan, R., Merat, N., Van Arem, B., & Happee, R. (2018a). User acceptance of automated shuttles in Berlin-Schöneberg: A questionnaire study. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology & Behaviour, 58, 843–854.
- Nordhoff, S., De Winter, J. C. F., Kyriakidis, M., Van Arem, B., & Happee, R. (2018b). Acceptance of driverless vehicles: results from a large cross-national questionnaire study. Advanced Journal of Transportation, Article ID 5382192.
- Nordhoff, S., Van Arem, B. & Happee, R. (2016). Conceptual model to explain, predict, & improve user acceptance of driverless podlike vehicles. Transportation Research Record, 2602, 60–67.
Dr. S. Nordhoff
2021-12-01 - 2023-12-01