Dr.ir. D. (Danique) Ton
Danique is a Postdoc researcher in the active mode lab and smart public transport lab at TU Delft. Her work revolves around travel behaviour of sustainable modes (e.g. walking, cycling, and public transport). Next to her work at TU Delft, she works as a part time researcher at the Dutch Railways (NS), where she focuses on access and egress (or first/last mile) of stations.
Danique holds a PhD from TU Delft on mode and route choice behaviour of active mode users. During her PhD she investigated who uses active modes, what drives them to do that, how can active modes be added to the choice set, and if you would cycle how do you choose your route. Before joining TU Delft, she worked as a researcher at the Dutch Railways (NS), where she focused on walking activities and movements in the station environment. She holds a MSc in Civil Engineering.
The research of Danique focuses on understanding and modelling travel behaviour of individuals, with a specific focus on active modes, e.g. walking and cycling, alone or in combination with public transport. Both methodology, such as discrete choice modelling, and empirical applications are at the core of her research.
- Active Mode Mobility
- Travel choice behaviour
- Access and egress to public transport
- Bicycle + public transport combination
- Ton, D., Bekhor, S., Cats, O., Duives, D., Hoogendoorn-Lanser, S., Hoogendoorn, S.P. (2020). The experienced mode choice set and its determinants: Commuting trips in the Netherlands. Transportation Research Part A,132, 744-758.
- Ton D. (2019). Unravelling Mode and Route Choice Behaviour of Active Mode Users. TRAIL Thesis Series. ISBN 978-90-5584-254-4
- Ton D., Zomer L-B., Schneider F., Hoogendoorn-Lanser S., Duives D., Cats O. and Hoogendoorn S. (2019). Latent Classes of Daily Mobility Patterns: The Relationship with Attitudes towards Modes. Transportation. In press.
- Ton D., Duives D., Cats O. and Hoogendoorn S. (2018). Evaluating a Data-Driven Approach for Choice Set Identification using GPS Bicycle Route Choice Data from Amsterdam. Travel Behaviour and Society, 13, 105-117
- Ton D., Duives D., Cats O., Hoogendoorn-Lanser S. and Hoogendoorn S. (2019). Cycling or walking? Determinants of mode choice in the Netherlands. Transportation Research Part A, 123, 7-23
- Ton D., Cats O., Duives D. and Hoogendoorn S. (2017). How do People Cycle in Amsterdam? Existing Cyclists’ Route Choice Determinants using GPS Data from an Urban Area. Transportation Research Record.
My PhD Project
An integrated approach for modelling active-mode travel choices
Unravelling the active mode traveling and traffic: with innovative data to a new transportation and traffic theory for pedestrians and bicycles
Dr.ir. Danique Ton
- +31 (15) 27 83958
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
2628 CN Delft
Verbinding met database is helaas mislukt
Hierdoor is de gevraagde informatie niet beschikbaar. We streven ernaar om dit zo snel mogelijk verholpen te hebben. Excuses voor het ongemak.