Charlie Wang wins ASME Excellence in Research Award
During the annual ASME IDETC/CIE Conference (21-24 August 2016), professor Charlie Wang is awarded the 2016 Excellence in Research Award by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). This award reflects the highest honour bestowed to an active researcher by ASME's CIE division.
According to the official description by ASME's CIE division, the award recognizes a person for outstanding research contributions in any field associated with the use of computers in engineering and is accompanied by an honorarium. Winners of the award are pioneers in the area of computers and information in engineering.
Charlie Wang is professor and chair of Advanced Manufacturing at the faculty of Industrial Design Engineering at the Delft University of Technology. He received this award in recognition of research excellence in the discipline of computers and information in engineering. His research interests include geometric computing, computer-aided design, advanced manufacturing and computational physics.
Previous awards of Charlie Wang:
- ASME Fellow (2013)
- ASME CIE Young Engineer Award (2009)
- Best Paper Awards of ASME CIE Conferences (in 2008 and 2001)
- Prakash Krishnaswami CAPPD Best Paper Award of ASME CIE Conference in 2011
- NAMRI/SME Outstanding Paper Award in 2013
- Best Paper Award of Computational Visual Media journal in 2015
- Read more about the ASME Excellence in Research Award