Objectives of the INCITE Summer School
The objectives of the INCITE Summer School are to provide lectures related to large-scale systems, distributed control, power electronics, power systems, and other subjects related to smart grids. All the lectures will be given by experts in the field.
The summer school is not only beneficial for improving the technical skills of the participating students, but also for establishing a network of contacts that can help them in their professional career.
Schedule and location
- The schedule of the Summer School can be found here.
- The lectures will take place in the building of the Faculty of Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering (3mE), Mekelweg 2, Delft (building 34 on the maps of the university that can be found below).
The lecture room is called "Instruction room G"; it is located on the first floor, to the right of the main entrance.
- Registration to the INCITE Summer School is free for INCITE PhD students; for other students we ask a small contribution of 150€ (to be paid by bank transfer) to cover lunch breaks, coffee breaks, and administrative costs. To register for the Summer School, please contact Bart De Schutter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is an excellent train connection between Schiphol airport and Delft, with trains running every around 15 minutes. See www.ns.nl/en for the time schedule.
Note that there are two railway stations in Delft: Delft (i.e., the main railway station, this is the recommended one and the closest one to the center) and Delft Zuid.
- To get from the main railway station to the university, you can use bus lines (40, 55, 69, or 174). See 9292.nl/en for schedules (in From, fill out "Station Delft"; in To, fill out "TU - Aula" bus stop)
- Parking space is limited at the University. Hence, if possible, we recommend you to use public transportation to get to Delft instead of taking your car.
If you do take your own car, please follow the signs to get from the highway exit to the university.
- For traveling within Delft you could use the bus, taxi, or just walk. Moreover, it is possible to rent bicycles and probably the easiest way to do so is to use MoBikes.
- There are around 30 hotels in Delft. Some recommended hotels are:
- Hotel Juliana - The closest to the university
- WestCord Hotel Delft - Located outside the city center but still close to the University.
- Hotel Leeuwenbrug - Located in the city center and very close to the train station.
- Museumhotel - Located in the city center.
- Hampshire Hotel Delft Centre - Located at the edge of the city center and 20' walk far from the train station .
- Note that Delft is not that big, so you should be able to reach the university from your hotel within 15-20 minutes walking
Map of the university
- See here for the campus map of TU Delft. The main railway station is not visible on this map, but it is located near the top left corner.