Vacancy: PhD Position Multi-physics Design of Metamaterial-Based Measurement Systems
[Translate to English:] Unlike natural materials, whose properties are determined by chemical composition, metamaterials (MMs) obtain peculiar functionality typically not found in nature by means of their structure. Phononic crystals (MMs that interact with mechanical waves) are of particular interest because of their potential applications, which include energy harvesting, wireless communications, thermal barriers, elastic/acoustic filters, improved transducers, and waveguides.
As a PhD candidate, you will investigate phononic crystals (PnCs) for the design of vibration isolation for high-tech systems. The project is a cooperation with leading industrial companies, active in the field of cutting-edge flow measurement systems.
- MSc university degree in mechanical engineering, physics, or a related area, with a solid background in computational mechanics (finite element modelling).
- Experience in performing experiments.
- High motivation for teamwork and excellent communication skills.
- Experience with computer modelling of wave propagation is an advantage.
- Experience with Python (or other programming languages).
for more information please check the complete ad.