Huggable robot Somnox wins public award Philips Innovation Award 2017
The startup Somnox won the public award of the Philips Innovation Award 2017 on Monday 8 May. Somnox is a breathing soft robot that helps falling asleep. The start-up was founded by four TU Delft students, including IDE student Julian Jagtenberg.
Among the other finalists were TU Delft start-ups Nowi, co-founded by IDE alumnus Omar Link, and GBM Works. GBM Works won the Philips Innovation Award 2017 and received a price package worth of € 50,000.
In the media (in Dutch)
- Philips Innovation Award: kijk hier de startup pitches terug - RTLZ
- Startup voor stil heien wint Philips Innovation Award – Bright.nl
- Philipsprijs naar GBM Works uit Delft – Eindhovens Dagblad
- Slaaprobot in race voor prijs van 50.000 euro - NOS
- De starter: Robot in je bed - Delta