Christien Janssen TU Delft Lecturer of the Year 2022
During the Education Day on 10 November, Christien Janssen, lecturer Building Physics (AE&T) at the faculty Architecture and the Built Environment, was awarded as Best Lecturer of TU Delft 2022. Christien was chosen from eight Faculty Lecturers of the Year 2022 educators, who were elected by students for their educational endeavours.
Our BK students say about her: “Christien thinks with us instead of for us! She always finds creative examples that speak to us personally. We all know her from playing the flute to explain acoustic theories. The way she lights up when she talks about her passion creates a positive and happy environment for learning about climate design.” The TU Delft jury comments her: “She has her own, non-traditional way of teaching. Students find it really engaging, for example when she plays music to explain acoustics. She solves questions from students, with students and not for students. Her impact goes way beyond her course.”
In addition of the title ‘TU Delft Lecturer of the Year 2022’, Christien Janssen will receive a prize of 6,000 euros, of which 5,000 euros is intended for educational innovation and 1,000 euros for private use. Christien is now also nominated for the national election of ISO ‘Docent van het Jaar’. This prestigious award grants exclusive participation in the Comenius network and a prize of 25,000 euro to be spent on education innovation.
- Jury of the Lecturer of the Year consists of the Vice-Rector Magnificus &Vice-President Education (Rob Mudde), the Academic Director of the Teaching Academy (Annoesjka Cabo), the previous winner of the title (Tom Burdyny), two members of the Student Council (one from ORAS, and one from Lijst Beta) and the chairperson of the Chair of the Study Association Council (SVR).
- Watch the award ceremony.
- Read the interview with Christien Janssen from the Teaching Academy.
- Read the article of TU Delta.
- More information about Lecturer of the year.