Davood Farhadi Machekposhti received his master degree in mechanical engineering from Babol Noshirvani University of Technology, Babol, Iran, in 2013.
He focuses on design of micro/macro compliant, monolithic, transmission mechanisms for MEMS applications and general machinery with strong orientation towards industry. Since June 2014, he joined the department of Precision and Microsystems Engineering as a full-time PhD student of Interactive Mechanisms and Mechatronics at Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands.
- Research Interests
- Monolithic Machine
- Compliant Mechanisms (i.e. compliant structures, monolithic structures, flexible mechanisms)
- Lamina Emergent Mechanisms (LEMs)
- Innovative/Conceptual Design of Mechanisms for MEMS and General Machinery
- Design for prescribed stiffness system (e.g. zero stiffness, constant force, Bi-stable and Multi-stable mechanisms)
- Kinematics and Dynamic of Mechanisms and robotics
- Awards and Honors
- Conference Travel grant, ASME/IDETC 2015, Boston, USA
- Best Interactive Demo award, ASME/IDETC Mechanisms and Robotics Conference, Aug 2015, Boston, USA
- ASME 2015 Mechanism Design Competition, Finalist, Boston, USA.
- Selected as a distinguished student during MSc. Studies, 2013, Babol Noshirvani University of Technology, Babol, Iran.
- Davood Farhadi Machekposhti, Nima Tolou, “Compliant Constant Velocity Constant Torque Universal Joint”, US Patent 2015/0062559 A1
- D. Farhadi Machekposhti, N. Tolou, J.L. Herder, 2015, “A Review On Compliant Joints And Rigid-Body Constant Velocity Universal Joints Towards The Design of Compliant Homokinetic Couplings”, Journal of Mechanical Design, doi:10.1115/1.4029318
- D. Farhadi Machekposhti, N. Tolou, J.L. Herder, A Fully Compliant Constant Velocity Universal Joint, DETC2015-46813, ASME IDETC 2015, Boston, USA.
- D. Farhadi Machekposhti, N. Tolou, J.L. Herder, The Scope For A Compliant Homokinetic Coupling Based On Review Of Compliant Joints And Rigid-Body Constant Velocity Universal Joints, DETC2012-71514, ASME IDETC 2012, Chicago, USA.
- D. Farhadi Machekposhti, M. Dardel, M. H. Ghasemi, H. M. Daniali, “Theoretical Kinematic Analysis of Thompson Constant Velocity Universal Joint”, International Conference on Mechanical Engineering and Advanced Technology ICMEAT2012-En1407, Oct 10-12, 2012, Isfahan, Iran.