Research topic: Dr.ir. Hans Goosen
The research focuses on the design of structures and systems by making smart use of mechanical and other physical effects to achieve new functionality or better performance. This multi-disciplinary research requires a thorough knowledge of mechanics and other physical effects such as electrostatic fields, electromagnetics, thermal effects, optics, etc. and understanding of the many interactions.
As part of this interest:
- Creative use of the laws of physics to achieve new useful functions and devices.
- Mechanical phenomenon at micro and nano scale.
- Use of resonant and compliant structures to achieve high energy efficiency.
- Control of resonant compliant structures.
- New (micro) actuator designs.
- Design of a flapping wing micro air vehicle (MAV).
These projects include fundamental research, the building of prototypes and experimental validation.