Last update 3mE information: Monday, July 19 2021 | 9.00 am
3mE Information Coronavirus
Up-to-date information about measures taken by the Faculty of Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering (3mE) against the spread of coronavirus COVID-19.
- We are gradually opening up our university on the assumption that more and more physical education will be possible. Check out the corona web page of TU Delft, the corona web page for students or Brightspace for more information.
- The working-from-home guidelines have been reimposed by the Dutch government, so please only come to the campus in consultation with your supervisor. Maintaining the 1.5 metre rule remains a key factor.
For all general information about guidelines and measures that apply to the entire university, please consult TU Delft’s corona website.
Access 3mE building
- The faculty is open on weekdays from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Students and staff can only use the front and back entrance with the campus card. Watch the instruction video for students.
- Visitors have to sign in with a staff member and register at the Service Desk when they enter.
- The labs are open for experimental work from 8 AM to 5 PM. After 5 PM, labs must adhere to the ‘working safely outside office hours’ protocol.
- In areas where teaching is taking place in the building, there are mandatory walking routes for students, staff members and visitors.
Read more about accessing the campus on TU Delft’s central corona website.
All staff and students can order free self-tests. Regular self-testing helps the detection of asymptomatic spread of COVID-19, and it is advised to do regular self-tests when you come to the campus. The use of these self-tests is not mandatory and no requirement to access our campus or education. Visit www.zelftestonderwijs.nl for more information or to order free self-tests.
- The requirement to wear a face mask has been relaxed: the requirement to wear a face mask inside buildings will be suspended, on condition that a distance of 1.5 meters can be guaranteed. There are rooms, labs or workshops in our building where local rules apply and the supervisor can require attendees to wear a face mask.
- A distance of 1.5 meters is still required, also in elevators and group meetings. The number of people in a group or office therefore depends on the size of the room.
- Since the 1.5 metre rule still applies, the marked walking routes in the building are also still compulsory.
- If you yourself or one of your housemates are showing symptoms stay at home.
Universities have now been asked by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science to prepare for a baseline scenario for the new academic year. The idea is to gradually allow more people on campus, so that we can gain experience in hosting larger groups on campus. Check out the corona web page of TU Delft, the corona web page for students or Brightspace for more information.
Communication with 3mE students about 3mE education and examination takes place via BrightSpace.
- Students who have to work in the building for final master projects do so in consultation with their supervisor in the relevant department.
- Graduation sessions can be held at the faculty, with a maximum of 4 people in the audience. You can graduate online after permission from the Examination Board.
- Students who carry out a final project with an external party that is / will be closed, should contact their supervisor for an alternative or a new assignment. Master's students can contact the Master's coordinator or program director with questions about internships and graduation.
- Promotions and inaugural lectures can be organized in small groups and in an adapted form, with a maximum of 30 people.
- Students who suffer from study delay due to illness because of the coronavirus, because they cannot take exams or complete assignments, must notify the 3mE study advisers in advance.
- Students who, according to the RIVM guidelines, cannot come to campus, report this to the 3mE study advisors if they are unable to follow the education in an alternative, online way. First-year Mechanical engineering students deregister with their project teacher and mentor.
- Vulnerable students can be referred to the study advisors for a place in study rooms E4 or C4.
- Self-study is possible for students in Library, Science Center and Pulse (evenings), see Central study places on campus.
- For questions or advice, please contact the study advisors of 3mE. They can be reached by email or via Skype.
This is how we work together to ensure safe teaching rooms:
- ‘On Campus’ education is scheduled in rooms in the own building and allocated rooms to limit traffic flows.
- The number of seats in classrooms has been reduced to be able to have 1.5 m distance between people. Many rooms have been refurbished and the available places are clearly indicated. It is at all times not permitted to admit more students in the room than the indicated capacity.
- In rooms with loose furniture, wide aisles have been created for possible freedom of movement during the lecture.
- Wide aisles are not possible in lecture halls with fixed furniture and in some computer rooms. Seat placement applies in these rooms. Students must fill the room from back to front. Support is available at large lecture halls to assist with this. It is not possible to leave your place during the lecture.
- The seats in most rooms are arranged in rows. It is not permitted to move the furniture.
- The ventilation of the teaching rooms has been checked and is sufficient for the number of people allowed in the room. It is not necessary to open windows and doors during the lecture, but it is certainly allowed.
- Teaching rooms are cleaned daily with extra attention to contact surfaces. Disinfectant spray is available at the lecturers’ desks to clean the workplace yourself if desired.
- There are disinfection poles at several places in the buildings where people can disinfect their hands.
- Access coaches have been appointed to coordinate student registration upon entry into the building.
- The online room book has been renewed! It is now even easier to select pictures and facilities of a lecture room. Information about the 1.5 m furnishment of the rooms and the permitted capacity has been added.
This video shows the rules that apply in the building of faculty Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering.