3mE Information Coronavirus
This page gives information about the measures taken at the Faculty of Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering (3mE) against the spreading of the coronavirus Covid-19.
- Education is provided online. Examination takes place under changed circumstances and with due observance of the RIVM guidelines. Communication with 3mE students takes place via BrightSpace.
- Research at the faculty will continue under changed circumstances and with due observance of the RIVM guidelines.
- All events and drinks at the faculty have been canceled.
For all general information concerning the safety measures of the Delft University of Technology, please visit the TU Delft Corona website.
Access 3mE building
The building is only accessible to employees with a campus card, including PhD students, but only via the entrance at Mekelweg: Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. The building is closed on weekends. Facilities such as laboratories remain open as long as safety is guaranteed.The building is closed to students. Students who have to work in the building for their bachelor final projects or master final projects do receive the necessary access to the building through their supervisor.The presence of sufficient emergency response is guaranteed and is checked every morning. For security reasons, all visitors to the 3mE building must register upon entry.
Read more about access on the campus on the TU Delft Corona website.
The labs are open for experimental work from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. After 17:00, the labs are subject to the protocol “safe working outside office hours” (see intranet).
After 1 September
Until September 1, the 3mE building is open from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
From September 1, the 3mE building is open from 08:00 to 20:00.
Education & research
Research at the faculty will continue under changed circumstances and with due observance of the RIVM guidelines.
All education and all exams will remain online. Some small-scale graduation work that cannot be moved online, may take place on campus to a limited extent. Communication with 3mE students about 3mE education and examination takes place via BrightSpace. Teachers develop appropriate alternatives or solutions and do everything possible to help students and prevent study delays. We hope that students also commit themselves to this.
- Students who carry out a final project with an external party that is / will be closed, should contact their supervisor for an alternative or a new assignment.
- The building is closed to students. Students who have to work in the building for their bachelor final projects or master final projects will receive the necessary access to the building through their supervisor.
- Students who suffer from study delay due to illness because of the coronavirus, because they cannot take exams or complete assignments, must notify the 3mE study advisers in advance.
- For questions or advice, please contact the study advisors of 3mE. They can be reached by email or via Skype.
- Graduation sessions and promotions will continue - in a small group, possibly audience online.
- Graduation supervisors will let the graduations in at the front of the building (Mekelweg).
- Master students can contact the master coordinator or program director with questions about internships and graduation.
Opening hours 3mE building
- open for employees and graduates, read more
- open from Monday until Friday from 8 AM to 6 PM, closed on weekends
- accessible only via Mekelweg entrance
- make a report to the Service Desk if you want to empty a locker at 3mE, you will receive a message when this is possible