- Development of electrolyser/co-electrolyser and fuel assisted electrolyser models and thermodynamic evaluations of hydrogen and syngas production
- Identification of electrolyser cells suitable for operation as solid oxide electrolysers and as fuel assisted electrolysers : theoretical and experimental evaluations.
- Investigation of bi-directional SOEC system.
- Investigation of the option of converting renewable electricity through hydrogen into synthetic fuels.
- Determine the merits of several large scale electrolysis technologies, including dynamic loading, on technical and economical basis
- Student assistant in the "Energy Conversion" course.
- Student assistant in the "Fuel Cell Systems" course.
- Preparation and evaluation of exams for the above courses.
- Master students's supervision for the preparation of their final thesis.
Master of Science in Mechanical engineering from Politecnico di Torino – I FacoltÃ di Ingegneria – Ingegneria Meccanica Corso Duca degli Abruzzi, 24 – 10129 Turin, Italy
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Politecnico di Torino – I FacoltÃ di Ingegneria – Ingegneria Meccanica Corso Duca degli Abruzzi, 24 – 10129 Turin, Italy
1. "Theoretical study of coupling a SOEC in co-electrolysis mode with the dimethyl ether synthesis" G. Botta, M. Solimeo, P. Leone, P. V. Aravind , Fuel Cells from Fundamentals to System Journal, 2015, In communication
2. "Thermodynamic and Exergy Analysis of Reversible Solid Oxide Cell Systems" G. Botta, H. Patel, F. Sebastiani, P. V. Aravind , Conference Proceeding, ECS Conference on Electrochemical Energy Conversion & Storage with SOFC-XIV, Glasgow, 2015
3. "Synthetic Natural Gas Production via Co-Electrolysis" G. Botta, M. Solimeo, P. Leone, P.V. Aravind, Conference Proceeding, 11th EUROPEAN SOFC & SOE FORUM, Lucerne/Switzerland, 2014
4. "Coupling of SOEC in Co-Electrolysis mode and Dimethyl Ether Synthesis" M. Solimeo, G. Botta, P. Leone, P.V. Aravind, Conference Proceeding, 11th EUROPEAN SOFC & SOE FORUM, Lucerne/Switzerland, 2014