- Adaptable Reactors for Resource and Energy Efficient Methane Valorisation (ADREM)
- Computational modeling and parameter estimation in fixed bed
- Integrated design of travelling microwave reactor
- Microwave assisted methane reforming reactions
- Modeling plasma reactors for chemical process applications
- Light-Generating Photocatalysts and Intensified Reactors
- Travelling microwave reactor design
Andrzej Stankiewicz is Professor of Process Intensification at Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands. With more than 30 years of industrial and academic research experience, he is author or co-author of ca. 100 publications on chemical reaction engineering, industrial catalysis and process intensification, and holds several patents in the field. He is co-author and editor of the world’s first book on Process Intensification: “Re-Engineering the Chemical Processing Plant”. Andrzej Stankiewicz is also Editor of Elsevier’s journal “Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification” and Series Editor of the Green Chemistry Books Series (RCS). He was founder and the first Chairman of the Working Party on Process Intensification at the European Federation of Chemical Engineering. He currently chairs the Board of the European Process Intensification Centre (EUROPIC). Andrzej Stankiewicz received his M.Sc. degree in chemical engineering from Warsaw University of Technology and a Ph.D. degree from the Industrial Chemistry Research Institute in Warsaw.Professor Stankiewicz has recently been awarded the prestigious Advanced Investigator Grant by the European Research Council, for carrying out research on “perfect chemical reactors”.
Other functions and activities:
- Editor of Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification (Elsevier).
- Editor of the Green Chemistry Book Series (Royal Chemical Society)
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (ACS, 2001-2004)
- Guest/Issue Editor in Chemical Engineering Science (1999), Catalysis Today (2001), Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (2004), Chemical Engineering Research and Design (2006) and Chemical Engineering & Processing (2007).
- Founder and Chairman of the Board of the European Process Intensification Centre (EUROPIC, since 2008)
- Chairman of the Working Party on Process Intensification at the European Federation of Chemical Engineering (since 2005)
- Conference Chairman of ICOSCAR-1, 1st International Conference on Structured Catalysts and Reactors, Delft, October 2001; International Conference on Sustainable (Bio)Chemical Process Technology, Delft, September 2005; EPIC 2007, the European Process Intensification Conference, Copenhagen, September 2007;
- Chairman of the Scientific Committee of EPIC 2009, the European Process Intensification Conference, Venice, June 2009;
- Member of Scientific Committees at International Symposium of Chemical Reaction Engineering (ISCRE, 2000, 2006), European Symposium of Computer-Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE, 2009), International Symposium on Multifunctional Reactors (ISMR, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2007), International Conference on Gas-Liquid-Solid Reactors (GLS, 2005), Catalysis Multiphase Reactors (CAMURE, 2007), World Congress of Chemical Engineering (WCCE, 2005), European Congress of Chemical Engineering (ECCE, 2007, 2009), International Congress of Chemical and Process Engineering (CHISA, 2008, 2010)
- Member of the Steering/Program Committees at FOM (Foundation for Fundamental Research on Matter, NL, 1999-2008), NWO (Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research, 2008) and STW Technology Foundation (NL, 2006, 2010)
- Reviewer to the Science and Technology Foundation – Portugal (2004)
- Member of the Core Group on Reaction and Process Design at the European Technology Platform on Sustainable Chemistry (SusChem)
- Chairman of the Process Intensification Network Netherlands (PIN-NL, 2003-2008)
- Member of the Steering Committee of Fachsektion Prozessintensivierung at ProcessNet (Germany) and of Process Intensification Network United Kingdom (PIN-UK)
- Member of the Steering Board of the NAP Foundation
- Chairman of the Foundation “Procestechniek”
- Member of Koninklijke Nederlandse Chemische Vereniging (Royal Dutch Chemical Society), NPT (Dutch Society of Chemical Engineers), AIChE (USA, until 2005) and DECHEMA (DE)
- Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (Germany, 1989).