The essence of Maritime and Transport Technology is to develop, design, built and operate marine, dredging and transport systems and their equipment. In the past decades many new concepts and systems have been developed in this sector. Due to strong public pressure for more efficient and safer transport and in order to improve the competitive position of the Netherlands and European marine, dredging and transport sector, it can be expected that this trend will continue at increased speed.
New generation transport and marine systems have to be based on new concepts, using distributed intelligence, combined with the application of smart components. This requires the further development of the knowledge of the dynamics and the physical processes involved in transport, dredging and marine systems, the logistics of the systems and the interaction between the equipment and control systems.
The Department of Marine and Transport Technology (M&TT) is the combination of five focus areas:
Section Transport Engineering and Logistics:
- Agha Rehmat Ali, subject: Speed control for Belt Conveying systems, supervisor: Yusong Pang
- Chenguang Liu, subject: Trajectory tracking control of underactuated surface vessels, supervisor: Rudy Negenborn
- Vittorio Garofano: subject: Development of the next generation Amphibian hovercraft, including proposal of robust control strategy, software interface and demonstrator. Interaction with static and dynamic obstacles, as well as performance comparison between autonomous control and human-based control will be investigate, subervisor: Rudy Negenborn
- Bijan Ranjbarsahraei, subject: The goal of the project AIDA is to automatically identify research trends and to provide easy-to-use tools for visualization and analysis of research areas to individual researchers and to faculties of TU Delft. This will be achieved by providing interfaces to software that can process large amounts of bibliographic data
Section Ship Hydromechanics and Structures:
- Gabriel Bufalari, subject: Fatique analysis, supervisor: prof. Kaminksi
- Hessel Vredeveldt, subject: Hydra elasticity, supervisor: Arie Romeijn
- Li Xu, supervisor: prof. van Terwisga
Section Ship Design, Production and Operations:
- Lorenzo Dolente, supervisor: Robert Hekkenberg
- Jethro Tan, subject: Cohesie project, supervisor: Jenny Coenen
- Sui Congbiao, supervisor: Klaas Visser