Questions & Answers
Use the following checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything. Good to know: you can still use the TU Delft ICT facilities (e.g., software, data storage, printers, Brightspace and your email address) in the first 90 days after graduation. After those 90 days, you will no longer have access.
- Unenroll as a student.
- You can change your contact details yourself on the online alumni community tudelftforlife.nl. If you don’t have an account yet you can simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancel your student loan.
- Turn on your Out of Office. Tip: Redirect emails to your private email account.
- Make a back-up of your account/Brightspace.
- If you still have library books, do not forget to return them.
- Register as a TU Delft alumnus.
- Check out the possibilities of the Delft University Fund. (The fund supports education, research and talent at TU Delft by awarding prizes to students and alumni).
- For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Student travel card
- Don’t forget to stop your student travel product. You can do this at an OV pick-up device. Tip: The NS is offering a € 50 discount on an NS subscription.
Work and Benefits
- For help finding a job, contact the Career Centre.
- Haven’t found a job yet? You might be eligible to apply for a social welfare benefits from the UWV.
- Staying in the Netherlands:
Are you an international alumnus from outside the EU and do you plan to stay in the Netherlands after graduation? Apply for an Orientation Year residence permit. Under the Orientation Year scheme no work permit is required for working, neither for a job nor for setting up your own company. Read more on Nuffic’s Holland Alumni Network website.
Moving or relocating abroad
- If you have a room via DUWO, you must move out within 6 months of finishing your studies. This is checked on an annual basis.
- Are you relocating abroad? Don’t forget to notify the municipality you live in about this.
Check if you need to take care of other practical matters such as cancelling your Dutch health insurance and bank account. This will depend on your personal situation: the country you are moving to, the type of visa you have, etc.
As an alumnus, you can download an abstract of your diploma data via mijndiplomas.nl. This requires logging in with your DigiD. Alternatively, you can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is also possible to request an official abstract on paper.
More information and a overview can be found here.
As a TU Delft alumnus/alumna, you can access the library free of charge, with a library card.
At Sport & Culture you are also more than welcome after graduation and even entitled to a discount. As a recent graduate, you are also entitled to reduced-rate membership of Kivi, the Association of Dutch Engineers.
When you graduate, your details will be recorded in the alumni database. Ten times a year, you will receive the alumni newsletter, featuring TU Delft's latest innovations, together with events and services for alumni.
Four times a year, you will also receive science magazine ‘Delft Outlook’, featuring articles on research, innovation and science at TU Delft.
You can also register at the online alumni community tudelftforlife.nl. More information about the alumni community can be found here.
TU Delft for Life
Register at tudelftforlife.nl, the meeting place for all TU Delft alumni. You can easily create your own profile and quickly get in touch with fellow alumni. On the ‘global map’ you can find alumni all over the world.
Faculty alumni websites
- Aerospace Engineering (AE): https://www.tudelft.nl/en/ae/business-portal/alumni/
- Applied Sciences (AS): no alumni website yet
- Architecture and the Built Environment (BK): https://www.tudelft.nl/en/architecture-and-the-built-environment/about-the-faculty/alumni/
- Civil Engineering and Geosciences (CEG): https://www.tudelft.nl/en/ceg/over-faculteit/alumni/
- Electrical Engineering, Mathematics & Computer Science (EEMCS): https://www.tudelft.nl/en/eemcs/the-faculty/alumni/
- Industrial Design Engineering (IDE): https://www.tudelft.nl/en/ide/organisation/alumni/
- Mechanical Engineering (ME): https://www.tudelft.nl/en/me/associations/
- Technology, Policy & Management (TPM): https://www.tudelft.nl/en/tpm/about-the-faculty/alumni/
The Royal Netherlands Society of Engineers (KIVI) supports engineers in their career development and offers a wide range of services, activities and opportunities to accommodate all our members and their interests. Please find all the information here. As a recent graduate, you are also entitled to reduced-rate membership of Kivi.
It goes without saying that we handle your data with the utmost care in accordance with the Dutch Data Protection Act (‘Wet bescherming Persoonsgegevens’). Your data is handled confidentially and is not made available to third parties. If, despite this, you would prefer not to be approached by us, you can change your contact details at the online alumni community tudelftforlife.nl. If you don’t have an account you can email us at email@example.com.
At the TU Delft Career Centre you are welcome for one-to-one coaching until five years after your graduation. In the first year after graduation, it's free. In addition to coaching, the Career Centre also offers career development workshops and programmes .
YES!Delft supports technical entrepreneurs starting out in business with an intensive training and development programme, facilities and a valuable network. Do you have an innovative idea and do you want to know if it has potential and develop it further? If the answer is yes, you are at the right place at YES!Delft.
Are you interested in working at TU Delft? All job vacancies are listed on our job vacancies page. We also recommend that you take a look at the TU Delft Alumni LinkedIn group, where your fellow alumni place job advertisements on a regular basis, and there may be something that suits you.