Traveling by air
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol is Holland’s largest airport and one of the most modern airports in Europe. There are direct connections to 95 countries.
- Taxi: there are taxis at the airport exits. A one-way trip to Delft costs about €65
- Bus: the bus station is just opposite the arrivals building
- Train: there is a train station located underneath Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. The travel time to Delft is only 37 minutes
- Rental Car: you can rent any car at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Rotterdam The Hague Airport is centrally situated in Holland. Flights from a large number of European cities, including London, Rome, Madrid and Barcelona, arrive daily at Rotterdam The Hague Airport. You can reach the campus of TU Delft within 33 minutes.
- Taxi: there are taxis located right next to the airport building
- Bus: the bus stops right next to the departure hall
- Metro: Bus 33 in combination with bus 40 goes to the campus of TU Delft
Traveling from Schiphol to Delft by public transport
The train is a great way to get around in the Netherlands as it can be busy on the road. Its extensive network covers a large area and is the fastest way to travel between the cities and larger towns.
Schiphol Train Station is located directly below the airport. The direct trains from Schiphol to Delft depart every half an hour and take about 40 minutes. You could buy an e-ticket online or buy a single-use smart card from the NS (Netherlands railway) service counter or a NS ticket machine, both located in the arrival hall. An anonymous OV-chipkaart is a convenient option for multiple travel with the public transportation. Plan your journey on www.9292.nl/en or download the app "9292". This will give you the optimal journey combining trains, busses, metros and trams.
The train network is also linked to trains traveling to for example Paris, London or Berlin.
Traveling from Delft train station to the conference venue
The conference venue is located on the TU Delft campus: Mekelweg 5, 2628 CC Delft.
The bus terminal is just outside Delft train station. You can take bus 40, 55, 69 or 174 and get off at the stop ‘TU Aula’, which is in front of the conference venue. Tickets can be bought from the bus driver. Plan your journey on www.9292.nl/en or download the app "9292".
Traveling by car
TU Delft Campus is easy to reach by car via the A13 motorway — exit 10 Delft Zuid/TU-wijk.
Parking on TU Delft campus
Parking is free of charge on campus. The six large parking areas are well signposted on the campus ring road. Demand for parking is high. Always leave enough time to find a parking space and walk to your destination.
Recommended parking locations:
- P Aula (navigation address Van der Waalsweg 1)
- P EWI, 8-minute walk (navigation address Feldmannweg 2)
- P Sports, 10-minute walk (navigation address Van den Broekweg 1)
The Netherlands is listed as the most bike-friendly country of Europe and for many Dutch it is their most frequent mode of transportation. There are separated cycle tracks, bicycle-specific traffic lights and bicycle parking facilities.
The company called Mobike makes it possible to rent a bike for short trips using the concept of bike sharing. Simply login on the Mobike app, select a bike and cycle to your destination. Here you simply check out and leave it for the next person to rent. More information and the app can be found on the website of Mobike.