Delft – CHEC cooperates with many research groups in international scientific networks, such as the European Network for Housing Research (ENHR). Peter Boelhouwer has been the elected chair of ENHR since 2008. Since 2011 OTB hosts the ENHR Office which is coordinated by Marietta Haffner. Marja Elsinga is co-chairing the ENHR Working Group Comparative Housing Policy. Relationships and ties with many partners across the world include exchanging knowledge, providing facilities for visiting researchers and exploring possibilities for joint projects. Building supportive networks and continue to be involved in proposals for the European Commission is also an important future strategy for the centre.
Delft – CHEC has longstanding relationships with:
- The Centre for Comparative Housing research of De Montfort University in Leicester with which we cooperated in projects on subsidization, taxation and the private rental sector. Prof. Michael Oxley has been a visiting research fellow in Delft and has co-supervised the PhD thesis of Christian Lennartz;
- The Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute (AHURI). OTB participated in AHURI-projects on tenant security (led by Kath Hulse of Swinburne University of Technology) and on housing equity release (led by Rachel Ong of Curtin University).
- The Steunpunt Wonen Vlaanderen. Recent projects include those on housing costs and subsidies as well as housing indicators together with Sien Winters and Kristof Heylen.
Working relationships culminated in honorary appointments, visiting fellowships and visiting grants:
- Marja Elsinga has been appointed a visiting professor by East China Normal University (ECNU) in Shanghai, China (2014)
- Marietta Haffner has been appointed a visiting fellow at the Cambridge Centre for Housing and Planning Research (CCHPR), Department of Land Economy, Cambridge University (since 2012)
- Marietta Haffner has been appointed honorary principal research fellow at the Centre for Urban Research, School of Global, Urban, and Social Studies, AHURI at RMIT University, Melbourne (since 2010)
- Marietta Haffner has been appointed a Curtin Business School visiting fellow, Curtin University, Perth, Australia (2012-2013), a visiting fellow at Royal Melbourne Institute for Technology (2009), at De Montfort University, Leicester, UK (2009) and at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Real Estate, Cambridge, MA, US (2003)
- Joris Hoekstra visited the University of the Free State, Centre for Development Support, Bloemfontein, South Africa (March 2014). This visit was financed by the South African research council