Imperial Barrel Award
The IBA is an annual competition organized by the AAPG for geoscience MSc students from universities around the world. Each team receives a data set (2D and/or 3D seismic data, petrophysical logs, cores etc.) and has to define exploration targets in the area of interest. The results are presented in Prague to a jury of industry officials and the best three teams of Europe go to the USA to present at the AAPG Annual Convention & Exhibition (ACE).
Who can participate?
- Four or five graduate (MSc) students
- Students with no more than 6 months of internship or full-time employment as a professional geologist
- Students who are willing to spent approximately 20 hours a week for about 8 weeks on this competition
What are the benefits for the participants?
- Work with real industry data
- Excellent CV building opportunity!
- 4 elective ECTS can be earned
- Free trip to Prague and possibly to the USA
The IBA 2016 Team consisted of Duaa Alshiroofi, Thore Boerboom, Lisanne Douma, Axel Sandén and Fu Kai Yap. Out of 18 participating universities the IBA Team of Delft made the first place in the European contest in Prgaue. Interested in joining next year and becoming a winner as well? Write us a mail at aapg-GT-CITG@tudelft.nl! The IBA is a unique opportunity to show your skills and should not be missed.