Mrs. dr. ir. M. Lukovic
Mladena Luković obtained her BSc and MSc degree at Faculty of Civil Engineering in Belgrade, Serbia. The topic of her BSc thesis was “Structural design of a six story reinforced concrete building” and for her MSc thesis she dealt with “Durability of reinforced concrete structures exposed to carbonation process”. She graduated in August 2011. Since November 2011 she was a PhD candidate studying concrete repair in the group Microlab, at the Delft University of Technology. She defended her PhD thesis ” Influence of interface and strain hardening cementitious composite (SHCC) properties on the performance of concrete repairs” in January 2016. Since April 1 2016 she is working in the group of Concrete Structures at the Delft University of Technology. Her research topic is application of innovative materials in new and existing structures. She runs a blog in Cement (Dutch Magazine on Concrete Structures).
2011 - 2016 PhD Candidate, Microlab, Delft University of Technology
2016 - 2017 Post-Doctoral researcher, Concrete Structures, Delft University of Technology
2017 - Present Assistant professor Tenure Track, Concrete Structures, Delft University of Technology
Committee / membership
RILEM TC-FDS (A framework for durability design of fibre-reinforced strain-hardening cement-based composites (SHCC))
- 2011: MSc in Civil Engineering - Structural Engineering, Faculty of Civil Engineering, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- 2016: PhD in Civil Engineering - Microlab, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Structural application of innovative cement - based materials
- Strain hardening cementitious composite (SHCC) for concrete repair
- Modelling with lattice model
Special awards / prizes
- JCI (Japan Concrete Institute) Prize 2015 for best paper published in 2014
- DEWIS Award 2017 for the best female PhD at the TU Delft
- Luković, M. & Ye, G. Effect of Moisture Exchange on Interface Formation in the Repair System Studied by X-ray Absorption, Materials 2016, 9(1), 2.
- Luković, M., Schlangen, E. & Ye, G. Combined experimental and numerical study of fracture behaviour of cement paste at the microlevel. Cement and Concrete Research, 73, 2015, 123-135.
- Luković, M., Šavija, B., Dong, H., Schlangen, E., & Ye, G. Micromechanical study of the interface properties in concrete repair systems. Journal of Advanced Concrete Technology, 12 (9), 2014. (awarded as the best paper of the year by the Japan Concrete Institute).
- Luković, M., Dong, H., Šavija, B., Schlangen, E., Ye, G., & van Breugel, K. Tailoring strain-hardening cementitious composite repair systems through numerical experimentation. Cement and Concrete Composites, 53, 2014, 200-213.
- Šavija, B., Luković, M., Hosseini, S.A.S., Pacheco Farias, J. & Schlangen, E. Corrosion induced cover cracking studied by X-ray computed tomography, nanoindentation, and energy dispersive X-ray spectrometry (EDS). Materials and Structures, 2014, 1-20.
- Luković, M., Schlangen, E., Ye, G. & Šavija, B. (2013) Impact of surface roughness on the debonding mechanism in concrete repairs. In JGM van Mier, G Ruiz, C Andrade, RC Yu & XX Zhang (Eds.), FraMCoS-8: Fracture mechanics of concrete and concrete structures, pp.611-621, Toledo, Spain