Previous employment: PhD degree from Leiden University, postdoc at Stanford University, assistant professor at UCLA, researcher at Shell. Current primary employment: Shell Global Solutions International B.V., Amsterdam.
Modelling and inversion for subsurface imaging by seismic and electromagnetic methods.
- M. Wirianto, W.A. Mulder and E.C. Slob, A feasibility study of land CSEM reservoir monitoring in a complex 3-D model, Geophys. J. Int. 181(2) (2010), 741–755
- W.A. Mulder and B. Hak, An ambiguity in attenuation scattering imaging, Geophys. J. Int. 178(3) (2009), 1614–1624.
- T. van Leeuwen and W.A. Mulder, A comparison of seismic velocity inversion methods for layered acoustics, Inverse Problems 26(1) (2010), 015008 (21pp).
- W.A. Mulder, Subsurface offset behaviour in velocity analysis with extended reflectivity images, Geophysical Prospecting, 62(1) (2014), 17–33.
- E. Zhebel, S. Minisini, A. Kononov and W.A. Mulder, A comparison of continuous mass-lumped finite elements with finite differences for 3-D wave propagation, Geophysical Prospecting, 62 (5) (2014), 1111–1125.
- Pawan Bharadwaj, Wim Mulder, Guy Drijkoningen, Full waveform inversion with an auxiliary bump functional, Geophysical Journal International, 2016, accepted.
Associate editor, Computational Geosciences