2017- : Research Associate, Department of Geoscience and Engineering, Delft University of Technology
2017- : Research scientist, OYO Corporation, Japan
2012 - 2017: Postdoctoral researcher at Department of Geoscience and Engineering, Delft University of Technology
2012: Ph.D. at Department of Civil and Earth Resources Engineering, Kyoto University, Japan
- 2016- : Associate Editor, Exploration Geophysics
Awards & Activities
- 2013 : Incentive Award, Society of Exploration Geophysicists of Japan (SEGJ)
- 2009-2012 : Japan Governmental Research Fellow (JSPS)
- 2010 : Outstanding Presentation Award, Society of Exploration Geophysicists of Japan (SEGJ) Fall Meeting
Expertise & Research
- Elastic wave propagation in fractured media
- Seismic imaging, characterization, and inversion
- Green's function retrieval using seismic interferometry and Marchenko redatuming
- Theoretical and computational modeling of solid-fluid coupling in borehole guided waves
- Ultrasonic laboratory experiments
Peer-reviewed journal publications:
- Minato, S., Ghose, R. and Osukuku, G., 2018, Experimental verification of spatially varying fracture-compliance estimates obtained from amplitude variation with offset inversion coupled with linear slip theory, Geophysics, 83, WA1-WA8.
- Minato, S., Ghose, R., Tsuji, T., Ikeda, M. and Onishi, K., 2017, Hydraulic properties of closely spaced dipping open fractures intersecting a fluid-filled borehole derived from tube wave generation and scattering, Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 122, 8003-8020.
- Tsuji, T., Minato, S., Kamei, R., Tsuru, T. and Kimura, G., 2017, 3D geometry of a plate boundary fault related to the 2016 Off-Mie earthquake in the Nankai subduction zone, Japan, Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 478, 234 – 244.
- Minato, S. and Ghose, R., 2017, Low-frequency guided waves in a fluid-filled borehole: Simultaneous effects of generation and scattering due to multiple fractures, Journal of Applied Physics, 121, 104902.
- Minato, S. and R. Ghose, 2016, Enhanced characterization of fracture compliance heterogeneity using multiple reflections and data-driven Green's function retrieval, Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth, 121, 2813-2836.
- Minato, S. and R. Ghose, 2016, AVO inversion for a non-welded interface: estimating compliances of a fluid-filled fracture, Geophysical Journal International, 206, 56-62.
- Nishitsuji, Y., Minato, S., Boullenger, B., Gomez, M., Wapenaar, K., and Draganov, D., 2016, Crustal-scale reflection imaging and interpretation by passive seismic interferometry using local earthquakes, Interpretation, 4 (3), S29-SJ53.
- Minato, S. and R. Ghose, 2015, Nonlinear imaging condition and the effect of source illumination: Imaging fractures as nonwelded interfaces, Geophysics, 80, A25-A30.
- Minato, S. and R. Ghose, 2014,Imaging and characterization of a subhorizontal non-welded interface from point source elastic scattering response, Geophysical Journal International, 197, 1090-1095.
- Minato, S. and R. Ghose, 2014, Power spectral density of the heterogeneous fracture compliance from scattered elastic wavefield, Geophysics, 79(2), D67-D79.
- Minato, S. and R. Ghose, 2013, Inverse scattering solution for the spatially heterogeneous compliance of a single fracture, Geophysical Journal International, 195, 1878-1891.
- Minato, S., T. Matsuoka and T. Tsuji, 2013, Singular-value decomposition analysis of source illumination in seismic interferometry by multidimensional deconvolution, Geophysics, 78(3),Q25–Q34.
- Minato, S., T. Tsuji, S. Ohmi, and T. Matsuoka, 2012, Monitoring seismic velocity change caused by the 2011 Tohoku-oki earthquake using ambient noise records, Geophysical Research Letters, 39(9), L09309.
- Minato, S., T. Tsuji, T. Matsuoka, and K. Obana, 2012, Crosscorrelation of earthquake data using stationary phase evaluation: Insight into reflection structures of oceanic crust surface in the Nankai Trough, International Journal of Geophysics, 2012, Article ID 101545, 8pages.
- Minato, S., T. Tsuji, T. Matsuoka, N. Nishizaka, and M. Ikeda, 2012, Global optimization by simulated annealing for common reflection surface stacking, and its application to low-fold marine data in Southwest Japan, Exploration Geophysics, 43(2), 59–69.
- Minato, S., T. Matsuoka, T. Tsuji, D. Draganov, J. Hunziker, and K. Wapenaar, 2011, Seismic interferometry using multidimensional deconvolution and crosscorrelation for crosswell seismic reflection data without borehole sources, Geophysics, 76, SA19–SA34.
- Minato, S., T. Tsuji, T. Noguchi, K. Shiraishi, T. Matsuoka, Y. Fukao, and G. Moore, 2009, Estimation of detailed temperature distribution of sea water using seismic oceanography [in Japanese], BUTSURI-TANSA, 62, 509–520.