Huan Wang is a Post-Doctoral researcher at Delft University of Technology. He obtained his Bachelor degree in 2014 at Tongji University and his PhD in 2020 at Zhejiang University. His research interests include constitutive and numerical modelling, physical modelling, foundation engineering and soil-structure interaction.
Huan’s research is mostly concerned with offshore geotechnical engineering problems, focusing on numerical and physical modelling into soil-structure interaction of foundations for offshore structures, including:
- Pile-soil interaction of the axially and laterally loaded pile in sand and clay
- Monotonic and cyclic behaviour of monopiles in sand
- CPT based design method for the offshore foundations
- Installation and bearing capacity of suction bucket foundation
- Delft University of Technology, Delft, Netherlands
Post-doc researcher, 2020-present,
Supervisor: Dr. Amin Askarinejad & Dr. Federico Pisanò & Prof. Ken Gavin
Project: Monopile Improved Design through Advanced cyclic Soil modelling (MIDAS)
- Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Ph.D. candidate, 2014-2020
Supervisor: Prof. Lizhong Wang
Project: Lateral behaviour of offshore monopile and bucket foundations in sand
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, China
Visiting scholar, 2017-2018
Supervisor: Prof. Charles W W Ng
Project: Centrifuge modeling of monopile foundations in sand and clay
- University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Visiting scholar, 2018-2020
Supervisor: Prof. Barry Lehane & Prof. Fraser Bransby
Project: Lateral response of rigid piles in sand
- Wang, H., Lehane, B. M., Bransby, M. F., Wang, L. Z., & Hong, Y. (2020). A simple CPT approach for predicting the ultimate lateral capacity of a rigid pile in sand. Géotechnique Letters, 1-25. https://doi.org/10.1680/jgele.20.00006
- Wang, H., Wang, L. Z., Hong, Y., He, B., & Zhu, R. H. (2020). Quantifying the influence of pile diameter on the load transfer curves of laterally loaded monopile in sand. Applied Ocean Research, 101, 102196. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apor.2020.102196
- Wang L. Z., Wang H., Zhu B., Hong Y. (2018). Comparison of monotonic and cyclic lateral response between monopod and tripod bucket foundations in medium dense sand. Ocean Engineering, 155, 88-105. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2017.12.006
- Wang H., Lehane B. M., Bransby M. F., Wang L. Z., Hong Y. (2020). Field and numerical study of the lateral response of rigid piles in sand. Géotechnique, under review.
- Wang, H., Bransby, M. F., Lehane, B. M., Wang, L. Z. and Hong, Y. (2020). Numerical investigation of the lateral behaviour of large diameter rigid piles in medium dense uniform sand. Géotechnique, under review.
- Wang H., Wang L. Z., Hong Y., Mašín D., Li W., He B., Pan H. L. (2020). Centrifuge testing on monotonic and cyclic lateral behavior of large-diameter slender piles in sand. Ocean Engineering, under review.
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Stevinweg 1 / PO-box 5048
2628 CN Delft / 2600 GA Delft
Room number: 00.060
Monday till Friday