Ir. J.W. (Hans) Welleman
Hans Welleman has graduated from TU-Delft, faculty of Civil Engineering in 1990 with specialisation Structural Mechanics.
After his graduation he has joined the Structural Mechanics group as a junior researcher working on the Discrete Finite Element program TILLY. Special points of interest has been the nonlinear solvers for both static and dynamic load conditions.
From 1996 till 2000 he joined the Haarlem Polytechnic University as a lecturer in Civil Engineering with specialisation structural mechanics, concrete and foundation engineering. He received his educational license from the University of Amsterdam (UvA) in 2001.
From 2000 he re-joined the Structural Mechanics group as a senior lecturer for the Structural Mechanics Courses in the BSc- and MSc-programme. He became also the educational representative of the group and the department in the organisation of the Faculty and coordinator of the BSc-thesis projects.
Since 2013 he was the Director of Studies for both the BSc and MSc programme in Civil Engineering and as from 2018 he is the Director of Education of the faculty of Civil Engineering and Geoscience.
- CTB1110 – ConstructieMechanica 1 – Statics
- CIE3109 – ConstructieMechanica 4 – advanced cross-sections, plasticity, work and energy principles in statics nad influence lines
- CIE4190 – Analysis of Slender Structures (classic displacement method and matrix method)
Hans is as freelance teacher involved in professional teaching activities for practising structural engineers.
- Engineering Mechanics, Volume 1 - Equilibrium,
C. Hartsuijker and J.W. Welleman, Springer, Dordrecht, 2006, ISBN 978-1-4020-4120-4
- Engineering Mechanics, Volume 2 - Stresses, strains, displacements,
C. Hartsuijker and J.W. Welleman, Springer, Dordrecht, 2006, ISBN 978-1-4020-4123-5
- Toegepaste Mechanica",
Hans Welleman, Albert Dolfing en Hans Hartman, ThiemeMeulenhoff, 3e druk, ISBN 978-90-06-95128-8, 2011
- Mechanica, Statisch onbepaalde constructies en Bezwijkanalyse,
C. Hartsuijker en J.W. Welleman, Academic Service, Den Haag, 2013, ISBN 9789039527528
- Work, energy methods & influence lines",
Hans Welleman, Bouwen met Staal, ISBN 978-90-72830-95-1, 2016
Director of Education
- +31 15 27 84856
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Materials, Mechanics, Management & Design (3Md)
Iris Nederhof-van Woggelum