Dr. Johan Ninan is an Assistant Professor at the Infrastructure Design and Management (IDM) group. He was a post-doctoral fellow at University College London (UCL), UK and completed his Ph.D. from University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Australia and Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M).
Johan’s aim is to improve the management of construction projects. His research focuses on stakeholder engagement, innovation, sustainability, coordination, and project organizing with an emphasis on the role of social media and other digital media.
Johan has taught courses on the management of construction projects for both undergraduates and postgraduates, along quality management and safety management in construction projects for postgraduates.
- Ninan, J., Mahalingam, A., Clegg, S. R. (2021). Asset creation team rationalities and strategic discourses: Evidence from India. ICE Infrastructure Asset Management. (in press).
- Ninan, J., Mahalingam, A., Clegg, S. R. Sankaran, S. (2020). ICT Enabled Strategies for External Stakeholder Management in Megaprojects: Sociomateriality from a Power Perspective. Construction Management and Economics. 38(9), 840-855.
- Datta, A., Ninan, J., Sankaran, S. (2020). 4D Visualization to Bridge the Knowing-doing Gap in Megaprojects: An Australian Case Study. Construction Economics and Building. 20(4), 25-41.
- Ninan, J., Clegg, S. R., Mahalingam, A. (2019). Branding and Governmentality for Infrastructure Megaprojects: The role of Social Media. International Journal of Project Management, 37(1), 59-72.
- Ninan, J., Mahalingam, A., Clegg, S. R. (2019). External Stakeholder Management Strategies and Resources in Megaprojects: An Organizational Power Perspective. Project Management Journal, 50(6), 635-640.