Dominika Alexa Teigiserova hold a bachelor degree in Environmental Engineering from Technical University in Zvolen, Slovakia and MSc in Environmental Engineering from University of Southern Denmark.
She has a PhD in Circular Economy of Food Waste from Aarhus University, Denmark.
Her focus is on combination of multi-disciplinary knowledge to create sustainable circular economy, and inclusive waste valorisation.
- Circular economy
- Circular bioeconomy
- Industrial Ecology
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Food waste and loss
Her postdoctoral research is focused on The Circular Road’ project, which introspects infrastructure as a service to reach sustainable and attainable circular economy in the construction sector.
The project looks at transition aspects and challenges of market potential, economic feasibility, the role of government and private sector, environmental sustainability, and construction waste valorisation.
Through her PhD, Dominika also maintain activities connected to circular bioeconomy, and valorisation of biowaste, and evaluation of biowaste systems.
- Teigiserova, D.A. Hamelin, L. Thomsen, M. 2020. Towards transparent valorization of food surplus, waste and loss: Clarifying definitions, food waste hierarchy, and role in the circular economy. Science of The Total Environ, IF 6.5.
- Teigiserova, D.A. Bourgine, J. Thomsen, M. 2021. Closing the loop of cereal waste and residues with sustainable technologies: an overview of enzyme production via fungal solid-state fermentation. Sust. Cons. Prod., IF 3.7. Data published at Mendeley, DOI: 10.17632/k2xv3yss8m.1
- Teigiserova, D.A Tiruta-Barna, L. Ahmadi, A. Hamelin, L. Thomsen, M. 2021. A step closer to circular bioeconomy for citrus peel waste: A review of yields and technologies for sustainable management of essential oils. J. Environ. Manage. 280, 111832. IF 5.6
- Angouria-Tsorochidou, E. Teigiserova, D.A, Thomsen, M. 2021. Limits to circular bioeconomy in the transition towards decentralized biowaste management systems. Resour. Conserv. Recycl. 164, 105207. IF 8
- The Circular Road – Infra as a Service
Postdoctoral research fellow
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Materials, Mechanics, Management & Design (3Md)
Integral Design Management
Design & Integration