Dr. ir. Marian Bosch-Rekveldt
Marian Bosch-Rekveldt is working as an Associate Professor of Project Management in the section Infrastructure Design and Management. She joined the group in February 2013.
In 1999, she obtained her Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering at Twente University. After 7 years of working as a project engineer and project manager at TNO, she joined the Delft Centre for Project Management in 2006 and started a PhD research titled "Managing project complexity: a study into adapting early project phases to improve project performance in large engineering projects”. She successfully defended her PhD thesis November 15th, 2011.
Marian is involved in teaching and research in the field of Project Management. Her research interests include, but are not limited to, project complexity, front-end development, value improving practices and people factors, similar to her dissertation themes. Linking research outcomes to practice is one of her main drivers. She is teacher in several project (management) courses at CEG (BSc program and CME master program) and coordinates the project management minor: Project Management: from Nano to Mega, newly started in September 2013. In addition, she developed and regularly conducts in-company training in project management.
- Bosch-Rekveldt, M.G.C. 2011. Managing project complexity: a study into adapting early project phases to improve project performance in large engineering projects. PhD Thesis, Delft University of Technology. http://repository.tudelft.nl/view/ir/uuid%3Aa783e581-bc7a-4efa-adcb-7e9201840367/
- Marian Bosch-Rekveldt, Herman Mooi, Alexander Verbraeck, Hans Bakker. 2011. Evaluating a complexity network - a practitioners view on project complexity. Project Perspectives 2012, the annual publication of International Project Management Association. Vol. XXXIV. ISSN 1455-4178.
- Bosch-Rekveldt, M. G. C., Jongkind, Y., Bakker, H. L. M., Mooi, H. G., & Verbraeck, A. 2011. Grasping project complexity in large engineering projects. International Journal of Project Management, 29(6).
- Bosch-Rekveldt, M. G. C., Mooi, H. G., Bakker, H. L. M., & Verbraeck, A. 2011. The value of FED practices: What different levels of analysis learn us, IRNOP X, June 19-22 2011. Montreal.
- Bosch-Rekveldt, M. G. C., Smith, J., Mooi, H. G., Bakker, H. L. M., & Verbraeck, A. 2011. The application of Value Improving Practices: team integration pays off!, EURAM track 30: Project Organizing. Tallinn, Estland.
- Bosch-Rekveldt, M. G. C., Hermanides, S., Mooi, H. G., Bakker, H. L. M., & Verbraeck, A. 2010. The influence of project front end management and project complexity on project success - A contingency approach in project management research, PMI Research and Education Conference 11-14 July 2010. Washington.
- Bosch-Rekveldt, M. G. C., Mooi, H. G., Bakker, H. L. M., & Verbraeck, A. 2010. Evaluating a complexity framework - a practitioners view on project complexity, IPMA 24th World Congress. Istanbul.
- Bosch-Rekveldt, M. G. C., Mooi, H. G., Verbraeck, A., & Bakker, H. L. M. 2009. Perspectives of project professionals on project complexity in the process and energy industry, IRNOP IX, 11-13 Oct 2009. Berlin.
- Bosch-Rekveldt, M. G. C., Mooi, H. G., Verbraeck, A., Sjoer, E., Wolsing, B., & Gulden, C. 2009. Mapping project manager's competences to project complexity. In K. Käkönen, A. S. Kazi, & M. Rekola (Eds.), IPMA 23rd WorldCongress, Research Track Human Side of Projects in Modern Business, Vol. 1: 85-96. Helsinki: Project Management Association Finland (PMAF) and VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland.
- Bosch-Rekveldt, M. G. C., & Mooi, H. G. 2008. Research into project complexity classification methods. In A. Valenti, & V. Massari (Eds.), IPMA 22nd World Congress 2008, Vol. 1: 104 -108. Rome: Animp Servizi Srl