B. (Bei) Wu
October 2011 - Present
Ph.D. Candidate in Concrete Durability, Delft University of technology, Delft, Netherlands
February 2016 - February 2018
Senior Consulting Engineer at Advanced Construction Technology Services, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
September 2008 - June 2011
M. E. Materials Physics and Chemistry, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, China,
September 2004 - June 2008
B.E. Materials Science and Engineering, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, China
My research topic is about the carbonation durability of concrete blended with supplementary cementitious materials (SCMs, such as Fly ash, Blast furnace slab etc.), including but not limited to the study of the carbonation mechanism of C-S-H with different Ca/Si ratio and the effects of C-S-H carbonation on the phases and microstructure development of cement paste blended with SCMs, related modelling works as well.
- Bei Wu, Guang Ye, Yunpeng Liu and Wenqin Zhang, Study of carbonation rate of synthesized C-S-H by NMR and FTIR. In: Guang Ye, Yong Yuan, editors. 4th International Conference on Service Life Design for Infrastructures, Proceedings. 2018, p. 167-170 (RILEM Pro 125)
- Bei Wu, Guang Ye, Carbonation of C-S-H and the effects on the porosity development of blended cement paste. In: Guang Ye, editor. Workshop on Concrete Modelling and Materials Behaviour in honor of Professor Klass van Breugel, Proceedings. 2018, p. 256-259 (RILEM Pro 126)
- Wu, B., and Guang Ye. "Development of porosity of cement paste blended with supplementary cementitious materials after carbonation." Construction and Building Materials 145 (2017): 52-61.
- Wu B, Ye G. Carbonation mechanism of different kind of C-S-H: rate and products. In: Jensen OM, Kovler K, De Belie N, editors. Concrete with Supplementary Cementitious Materials. Paris, France: RILEM; 2016. p. 163–272. (RILEM Pro 113)
- Wu B, Zhang Y, Ye G. The influences of CSH on the carbonation resistance of cement blended with supplementary cementitious materials. In: K. van Breugel, E.A.B. Koenders, editors. 1st International Conference on Ageing of Materials & Structures, Proceedings. 2014. p. 187-194.
- Wu B, Ye G. Comparative studies of carbonation fronts of cement paste blended with supplementary cementitious materials. 3rd international conference on service life design for infrastructure, Proceedings. 2014