C. (Claudia) Romero Rodriguez
PhD Student at Microlab, Section Materials&Environment, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences, TU Delft, The Netherlands (Mar 2017-)
- Junior Materials Specialist, MgAubel R&D, The Netherlands (Aug 2016-February 2017)
- Guest researcher at Microlab, Materials & Environment Section, TU Delft, The Netherlands (Aug 2015-Jan 2016)
- Student Assistant of Hydrology (07BEVMX) at DIATI - Department of Environment, Land and Infrastructure Engineering, Politecnico di Torino, Italy (Oct 2014-Feb 2015)
Education and Training
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Specialization Structural Engineering, Politecnico di Torino, Italy (Oct 2013-Mar 2016)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Politecnico di Torino, Italy (Oct 2010-Oct 2013)
- Exact Sciences High School “IPVCE Felix Varela” (Sept 2006-May 2009)
I am a structural engineer by formation but for passion I ended up applying my knowledge of structural engineering at the material scale. Specifically, I perform scientific and applied research about novel building materials or on durability issues of conventional ones, such as concrete and asphalt.
Currently I am doing a PhD on Numerical modelling and optimization of self-healing processes in cement-based materials. Within this project I do mechanistic and numerical modelling of reactive transport in porous media at the mesoscale in relation to the self-healing of cementitious materials by carbonate precipitation in the cracks. Special attention is devoted to the experimental validation of the models.
My research interests also regard the fundamental study of degradation mechanisms of concrete, such as carbonation and freeze and thaw damage.
- Romero Rodriguez, C., Chaves Figueiredo, Snoeck, D., Savija B. & S., Schlangen, E. (2018). Modeling water absorption in cement-based composites with SAP additions. In G. Meschke, B. Pichler, & J. Rot (Eds.), Proceedings of Computational Modelling of Concrete and Concrete Structures (EURO-C),. CRC Press.
- Romero Rodriguez, C., Chaves Figueiredo, S., Schlangen, E., & Snoeck, D. (2018). Modelling strategies for the study of crack self-sealing in mortar with superabsorbent polymers. In E. Schlangen, G. de Schutter, Branko Savija, H. Zhang & C. Romero Rodriguez (Eds.), Proceedings of the Symposium on Concrete Modelling – CONMOD2018, 27 -30 August 2018, Delft, The Netherlands, RILEM Publications S.A.R.L.
- Romero Rodriguez, C., Figuiredo, S.C., Schlangen, E., Chiaia, B. (2016). Healing efficiency assessment of Bitumen-coated Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete. Published at HealCON Conference Proceedings: Self-healing concrete for prolonged lifetime, November 28th-29th, 2016.
- Romero Rodriguez, C., Chaves Figueiredo, S., Chiaia, B., Schlangen, E. (2016). Induction healing of concrete reinforced by bitumen coated steel fibres. Published at FraMCoS-9 Proceedings: 9th International Conference on Fracture Mechanics of Concrete and Concrete Structures, May, 29th – June, 1st, 2016. DOI: 10.21012/FC9.134
- PhD Project: “Optimization of self-healing techniques for concrete by modelling and testing”. Within the research project “Development of self-healing concrete performance evaluation standardization technology and commercialization strategy” supported by Construction Technology Research Program funded by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport of the Korean Government under the grant 17SCIP-B103706-03.
- 4TU Lighthouse Project: “Development of 3D Printing Strain Hardening Cementitious Composites”
- Eclips Project: “Enhancing concrete life in infrastructure through Phase-Change Systems.”
- Construction and Building Materials, ELSEVIER
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- RILEM: International Union of Laboratories and Experts in Construction Materials, Systems and Structures
- Technical Committee TC-CCC: Carbonation of concrete with supplementary cementitious materials
- E. Schlangen, G. de Schutter, B. Savija, H. Zhang & C. Romero Rodriguez (Eds.) (2018). Proceedings of the Symposium on Concrete Modelling – CONMOD2018, 27 -30 August 2018, Delft, The Netherlands, RILEM Publications S.A.R.L.
- G. Ye, Y. Yuan, C. Romero Rodriguez, H. Zhang & B. Savija (Eds.) (2018). Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Service Life Design for Infrastructures (SLD4), 27-30 August 2018, Delft, The Netherlands, RILEM Publications S.A.R.L.
Grant for a Short Term Scientific Mission by Cost Action 15202 under the reference number 39002: “Validation of numerical model of water transport in cracked cement-based materials under unsaturated conditions through X-Ray Attenuation Contrast Micro Tomography”. Grant amount: €2.500,00
Claudia Romero Rodriguez
- +31 (0) 15 278 9137
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Monday to Friday
Materials, Mechanics, Management & Design (3Md)
Materials and Environment
Chair / Research:
Jacqueline van Unen-Bergenhenegouwen