Y. (Yu) Chen
Master of Architecture
2014-2015. University of Nottingham, UK.
Bachelor of Architecture
2009-2014. Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology, China.
Developing a limestone calcined clay-based 3D printable and sustainable cementitious material.
- Mix designs and fresh properties
- Hardened properties
- Voids and porosity for the printed concrete
- Application of the material design in architecture area
- Chen, Y., Veer, F., & Copuroglu, O. (2017). A critical review of 3D concrete printing as a low CO2 concrete approach. Heron, 62(3).
- Chen, Y., Veer, F., Copuroglu, O., & Schlangen, E. (2018, September). Feasibility of Using Low CO2 Concrete Alternatives in Extrusion-Based 3D Concrete Printing. In RILEM International Conference on Concrete and Digital Fabrication (pp. 269-276). Springer, Cham.
- Chen, Y., Chaves Figueiredo, S., Yalçinkaya, Ç., Çopuroğlu, O., Veer, F., & Schlangen, E. (2019). The effect of viscosity-modifying admixture on the extrudability of limestone and calcined clay-based cementitious material for extrusion-based 3d concrete printing. Materials, 12(9), 1374.
- Chen, Y., Li, Z., Chaves Figueiredo, S., Çopuroğlu, O., Veer, F., & Schlangen, E. (2019). Limestone and Calcined Clay-Based Sustainable Cementitious Materials for 3D Concrete Printing: A Fundamental Study of Extrudability and Early-Age Strength Development. Applied Sciences, 9(9), 1809.
- + 31 6 44015749
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Monday to Friday
Materials, Mechanics, Management & Design (3Md)
Materials and Environment
Chair / Research:
Jacqueline van Unen-Bergenhenegouwen
- ancillary activities
2021-10-15 - 2023-10-15