Y. (Yongqi) Dong, MSc
Yongqi got his B.Sc. in Telecommunication from Beijing Jiaotong University (2014), and M.Sc. in Control Science and Engineering from Tsinghua University (2017), where he also minored in Data Science. During the very past few years, he had trained himself as a researcher in various universities, research institutions and companies, adopting Machine Learning and Data Science methods to transportation research and smart mobility. In January 2020, he started his Ph.D. research career within the SAMEN project, under the supervision of Dr.ir. Haneen Farah and Prof.dr. Bart van Arem. Here, his research focuses on developing data-driven models to expand Automated Vehicles Operational Design Domain in mix traffic condition.
The research of Yongqi focuses on Automated Vehicles Operational Design Domain (ODD) in mix traffic of AVs, CAVs, and HDVs, which constitutes the Work Package B of the Safe and efficient operation of AutoMated and human drivEN vehicles in mixed traffic (SAMEN) project.
There are two main tasks:
1) To develop reliable data-driven algorithms for peculiarities identification, recognition, and prediction on different roads and traffic conditions; 2) To model and optimize AVs’ driving strategies and styles’ considering the interaction with HDVs and other AVs. The overall objective is to make AVs socially accepted. For both tasks, state-of art deep learning and reinforcement learning methods will be explored.
- Vehicle automation and safety
- Driving behavior
- Machine learning and Data Science
- Dong, Y., Wang, Sh., Li, L., Zhang, Z. "An Empirical Study on Travel Patterns of Internet Based Ride-Sharing," Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 86 (2018): 1-22.
- Dong, Y., Zhang, Z., Fu, R., Xie, N. "Revealing New York taxi drivers' operation patterns focusing on the revenue aspect." In Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA), 2016 12th World Congress on. IEEE, 2016: 1052-1057.
- Dong, Y., Yang, Z., Pei, X. "Revealing Travel Patterns of Sharing-Bikes in a Spatial-Temporal Manner using Non-negative Matrix Factorization Method." Cota International Conference of Transportation Professionals 2018
For more information check my Google Scholar profile.
Safe and efficient operation of AutoMated and human drivEN vehicles in mixed traffic (SAMEN)