Dr. Sulalit Bandyopadhyay
Having earned his PhD in Chemical Engineering, he is currently employed as a Post Doctoral Research Fellow at the Department of Water Management, TU Delft. He is also employed as a Post Doctoral Research Fellow at the Department of Chemical Engineering, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU, Trondheim).. He is currenlty member of the operative group for the recently estbalished Gemini Centre within hydrometallurgy - HYPROS at NTNU.
He worked as a Polymer Scientist in Jotun Antifouling for a short stint. Before joining Jotun in 2017, he was working as a Post Doctoral Researcher at TU Delft and UNESCO-IHE. He graduated with a B.E (Hons) in Chemical Engineering from Jadavpur University, India and was thereafter awarded the Erasmus Mundus Fellowship to do his MSc in Chemical Engineering at NTNU, Norway.
Recipient of JBNSTS 2006, DAAD 2009, his research interests include synthesis, characterization and functionalization of nanoparticles, development of nanoparticle based hydrological tracers, drug delivery and modelling of nanosystems, recycling of Lithium-ion batteries among others.
2012 - 2016 PhD in Chemical Engineering, NTNU, Norway
2010 - 2012 MSc in Chemical Engineering, NTNU, Norway
2006 - 2010 B.E (Hons.) in Chemical Engineering, Jadavpur University, India
TKP 4190 Fabrication and Application of Nanomaterials (Spring Semester) 2013 - Present
TKP 4115 Surface and Colloid Chemistry (Spring Semester) 2016-2017
TKP 4100 Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer (Spring Semester) 2019 - Present
TKP 4115 Surface and Colloid Chemistry (Spring Semester) 2014-2017
Chemical Reaction Engineering and Separation Process Lab (Fall Semester) (2012-2014)
- Operative Leader Group Member of HYPROS Gemini Centre (2018 - 2022)
- Member of MSCHEMENG Programme Board ( 2018 - Present)
- Member of Admission Committee for International MSc Students at the Dept. of Chemical Engineering, NTNU (2012-Present)
- Member of PhD Admission Committee at the Dept. of Chemical Engineering, NTNU (2014-2015)
- Best PhD thesis for 2016/2017 at the Faculty of Natural Sciences, NTNU.
- NorFab Project Support for work in NTNU Nanolab (2017-2019)
- Norges tekniske høgskoles fond for Summer School at iNano PhD School, Århus University (June 2013)
- NorFab Small Project Support for work in NTNU Nanolab (2013-2014)
- Erasmus Mundus Fellowship (2010-2012) for Masters at NTNU, Norway
- DAAD summer internship fellowship (WISE - INTERNSHIPS in SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY and ENGINEERING) for 2009 summer.
- First prize in a Poster Competition, held at the Chemical Engineering Department, NTNU, Norway,(22nd November,2010), poster being entitled “Process Design and Economic Investigation of LPG Production from Natural Gas Liquids (NGL)”
- Dr. Hiralal Roy Smriti Padak (Silver Medal) for securing the highest marks in the fourth year Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Second Semester Examination in the subject “General Knowledge in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering” Viva-voce Examination, 2010.
- First prize in a Poster Competition, held at the Chemical Engineering Department, Jadavpur University, Kolkata (16th January,2010), poster being entitled “Electrodeposition of Aluminium from Organic Solvents in AAO Membranes”
- Medha Samman Award for Best Project for the year 2008, project being entitled “Synthesis of iron oxide nanoparticles for targeted drug delivery” at the Jagadish Bose Forum, Kolkata..
- Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) Senior scholarship, 2006-07.
- Medhavi Chatra Puraskar, 2004, for outstanding performance in I.C.S.E from the Governor of West Bengal.
Post Doctoral Fellow
Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences, TU Delft
UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education
Department of Chemical Engineering,
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim.