Dr. Vineet Kumar
I joined TU Delft as a postdoctoral researcher in May 2019. Currently, I am working with Sentinel-1 SAR data for agricultural applications.
Before that I obtained my PhD from Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India in 2019. My PhD research was focused on the use of polarimetric Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) earth observation techniques for land feature analysis. I received my master's degree in Remote Sensing and GIS from Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, ISRO, Dehradun, India in 2013 and bachelor's in Electronics and Communication Engineering in 2010.
My research interests includes remote sensing, SAR polarimetry, vegetation monitoring and spatio-temporal analysis.
- Vineet Kumar, Y. S. Rao, Avik Bhattacharya and Shane R. Cloude, (2019) "Classification Assessment of Real Versus Simulated Compact and Quad-Pol Modes of ALOS-2," in IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 1497-1501. DOI: 10.1109/LGRS.2019.2899268
- Dipankar Mandal, Mehdi Hosseini, Heather McNairn, Vineet Kumar, Avik Bhattacharya, Y. S. Rao, Scott Mitchell, Laura Dingle Robertson, Andrew Davidson, and Katarzyna Dabrowska-Zielinska, (2019) "An investigation of inversion methodologies to retrieve the leaf area index of corn from C-band SAR data." International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation 82:101893. DOI: doi.org/10.1016/j.jag.2019.06.003
- Dipankar Mandal, Vineet Kumar, Avik Bhattacharya, Y. S. Rao, Paul Siqueria and Soumen Bera (2018) “Sen4Rice: A Processing Chain for Differentiating Early and Late Transplanted Rice using Time-Series Sentinel-1 SAR Data with Google Earth Engine” IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 1947-1951. DOI: 10.1109/LGRS.2018.2865816
- Siddharth Hariharan, Dipankar Mandal, Siddhesh Tirodkar, Vineet Kumar, Avik Bhattacharya, and J. M. Lopez-Sanchez (2018) “A Novel Phenology Based Feature Subset Selection using Random Forest for Multi-temporal PolSAR Crop Classification”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 4244-4258. DOI: 10.1109/JSTARS.2018.2866407
- Vineet Kumar, Heather McNairn, Avik Bhattacharya, and Y. S. Rao (2017) “Temporal Response of Scattering from Crops for Transmitted Ellipticity Variation in Simulated Compact-Pol SAR Data”, IEEE-Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 5163-5174. DOI: 10.1109/JSTARS.2017.2757041
AWS4AgriSAR: Crop Inventory Mapping from SAR Data on Cloud Computing Platform
Financial Support: GEO-Amazon Earth Observation Cloud Credits Programme.
Responsibility: Team Member
Joint Experiment for Crop Assessment and Monitoring (JECAM) SAR Inter-Comparison project to globally monitor variety of agricultural cropping systems using satellite and in-situ measurements
Data Support: Radarsat-2 Data over Indian test site (Vijayawada, India)
Responsibility: Team Member
Crop characterization using fully polarimetric Radarsat-2 SAR
Data Support: Radarsat-2 Data under the Science and Operational Applications Research (SOAR) Program, Canadian Space Agency (CSA).
Responsibility: Co-Principal Investigator.