Professor of Excellence
Every year, Delft University Fund presents the TU Delft Professor of Excellence Award. This award acknowledges a TU Delft professor who excels in education and research and inspires students and PhD students.
Replay the Professor of Excellence Award Ceremony 2021
You can replay he Professor of Excellence Award Ceremony 2021 here.Watch the ceremony via this link
The award consists of a cash prize of €15,000, a silver medal and a Delft University Fund certificate.
Candidates & conditions
The deans and study associations of the faculties can nominate candidates. Of course, the candidates must meet a number of conditions:
- The candidate excels in the quality of their research and teaching;
- This quality has an exceptional impact on students and PhD candidates;
- The candidate has a research reputation and international contacts.
Submitting proposals | pre-selection
For the preselection, we request that candidates are presented before 22 March 2021 by means of a letter of motivation from the Dean and a letter of motivation from the study association of the faculty.
We would like to receive the letter of motivation from the Dean and the study association digitally via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on these proposals, the selection committee selects a top three. If one or more of your nominations belong to these top three, you will be asked to compile a complete (confidential) motivation file and submit it by 30 April 2021. The Professor of Excellence 2021 will be selected from the top three proposals.
Extensive proposal for nomination top 3 candidates
The extensive proposal only has to be submitted by the selected top 3 candidates. This is possible until 30 April 2021. The proposal must be accompanied by the following documents:
- A recent CV including relevant information on the teaching and research aspect and a list of publications;
- Potential positive impact for TU Delft;
- A supporting letter from the dean;
- A supporting letter from the board of the study association or associations where the candidate does most of his/her teaching;
- At least three letters of recommendation from former MSc and/or PhD students.
Nominations can be submitted via the dean of the faculty concerned, via email@example.com.
Nominations are assessed by a TU Delft selection committee and the chair of the Delft University Fund, Prof.dr.ir. A. van Keulen. The selection committee is made up of professors who have previously received the Best Professor award themselves..
Any questions? If so, please contact Jacqueline Kalkman on +31 (0)15 – 278 6409 or via: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested in the previous winners of this award? Take a look at our list of TU Delft Professor of Excellence Award winners.