Bachelor’s Degree and CGPA
A bachelor’s degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined. The degree must be comparable in level to a bachelor’s degree from a research university in the Netherlands and must be closely related to your MSc programme of choice. In addition, scores for key subjects must also be good.
Individual programmes may have specific requirements in addition to the general requirements. Please check the study programme of your choice on the MSc programme page.
All nationalities are welcome to apply. Specific requirements may apply depending on where you obtained your degree. Check here for detailed information.
English Language Proficiency
All TU Delft MSc programmes are taught in English. In order to be considered for an MSc programme, you must prove your English proficiency to be at a sufficient level.
The following English language certificates and corresponding scores are accepted*:
- A TOEFL iBT with an overall band score of at least 100 and a minimum score of 22 for each section. TU Delft does not accept TOEFL MyBest scores; the required scores should be obtained in one single test.
- An IELTS (academic version) with an overall Band score of at least 7.0 and a minimum of 6.5 for each section.
- A Cambridge Assessment English. Only the following certificates are accepted:
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English) with an overall score of 185.
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with an overall score of 185
If Test Centres are temporarily closed or it is impossible for students to travel (for example in the case of lockdowns) TU Delft will accept the TOEFL iBT Home Edition Test for the 2023 intake, provided that you meet the above mentioned test scores. The IELTS Indicator test however cannot be accepted as it does not compare to the IELTS Academic test.
Note: We advise you to register for the test of your choice well in advance. Depending on your location, registering for a test could take several months.
* For those holding a language certificate obtained before 1 October 2022 but less than two years old, a transitional arrangement applies.
If on the day you submit your application, your language certificate is older than two years, it will not be accepted.
You are exempt from the English test requirement if you are a:
- national citizen of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, or U.S.A.
- an applicant who obtained a bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned countries.
You are NOT exempt if you are an:
- applicant who obtained a bachelor’s degree at an overseas branch of an university from one of the aforementioned countries