Bachelor’s Degree and CGPA
A bachelor’s degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined. The degree must be comparable in level to a bachelor’s degree from a research university in the Netherlands and must be closely related to your MSc programme of choice. In addition, scores for key subjects must also be good.
Individual programmes may have specific requirements in addition to the general requirements. Please check the study programme of your choice on the MSc programme page.
Specific requirements may apply depending on where you obtained your degree. Check here for detailed information.
English Language Proficiency
For the intake of September 2022 TU Delft will also accept the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition, provided that you meet the below mentioned test scores. The IELTS Indicator test however cannot be accepted as it does not compare to the IELTS Academic test.
All TU Delft MSc programmes are taught in English. In order to be considered for an MSc programme, you must prove your English proficiency to be at a sufficient level.
The following English language certificates and corresponding scores are accepted*:
- A TOEFL iBT with an overall band score of at least 90 and a minimum score of 21 for each section. TU Delft does not accept TOEFL MyBest scores; the required scores should be obtained in one single test.
- An IELTS (academic version) with an overall Band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
- A Cambridge Assessment English. Only the following certificates are accepted:
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English) with an overall score of 176 and a minimum of 169 for each section.
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with an overall score of 180 and a minimum of 169 for each section
Note: We advise you to register for the test of your choice well in advance. Depending on your location, registering for a test could take several months.
If on the day you submit your application, your language certificate is older than two years, it will not be accepted.
You are exempt from the English test requirement if you are a:
- national citizen of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, or U.S.A.
- an applicant who obtained a bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned countries.
You are NOT exempt if you are an:
- applicant who obtained a bachelor’s degree at an overseas branch of a university from one of the aforementioned countries