Introduction Programme for international students
TU Delft welcomes all new international students with a special introduction programme. This mandatory programme consists of an online preparation before arrival and an intensive introduction on the TU Delft campus in the second week of February or the last two weeks of August.
TulipTV | #IPSUMMER2017 | Aftermovie
You’ll find all information on practical preparation, enrolment at TU Delft and life in the Netherlands in the online community ‘Delftulip’. Here you can get in touch with other international students and find the answers to your questions in the online chat sessions and the FAQ section.
You will receive an invitation to join Delftulip as soon as you are (conditionally) admitted.
Arrival in the Netherlands
The Introduction Programme aims to get you ready for your studies in 4 different ways: academic, acculturation, social and practical.
- Experience the Dutch academic approach while completing an intensive group project
- Introduction to TU Delft services which you can rely on during your studies
- Introduction to your faculty and study peers
- Work in multicultural cross disciplinary teams to solve problems affecting all students
- Lectures on intercultural communication
- Encounter student societies and associations
- Meet your peers and form your future support network
- Enjoy a wide variety of activities while meeting like-minded people
- Assistance with practical matters on arrival such as registering with the municipality, opening a bank account, insurance
- Help and guidance on travel and accommodation
- Help with IT practicalities
The programme is organised by Education and Student Affairs. Dutch and international coaches, who are current students at TU Delft, will guide you through the programme.