After graduation

Once you have successfully completed the MSc Architecture, Urbanism and Building Sciences programme, you have a Master of Science degree (MSc).

With a diploma of the Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Urbanism track you can - after completion of a professional traineeship (beroepservaringperiode) - apply for registration in the Dutch Register of Architects, which allows you to use the protected title of Architect, Landscape Architect or Urban Designer in the Netherlands. The Building Technology and Management in the Built Environment tracks, as well as the Post-master's programmes EMU and Berlage, do not allow you to register in the Dutch Register of Architects.

Under the Dutch Architects Title Act (Wet op de architectentitel), completing a period of professional work experience (beroepservaringperiode) is compulsory for everyone who graduates after 31 December 2014 and wants to register in the Register of Architects (architectenregister). This means that you must complete this period of professional work experience before you are able to register as an Architect, Urban Designer or Landscape Architect.

At the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment this applies to students with the track Architecture, Urbanism or Landscape Architecture. Students in the Landscape Architecture Master track must also have obtained sufficient Landscape Architecture related credits in their Bachelorā€™s programme.

More information

For more information: