With a Dutch BSc Degree
BSc degree from a Dutch university
a) Students with a multidisciplinary engineering degree may enter the programme directly, i.e.
- a BSc degree in systems engineering ('Technische Bestuurskunde') from Delft University of Technology
- a BSc degree in Industrial Engineering & Management (BSc Technische Bedrijfskunde)
b) with a monodisciplinary engineering or natural sciences background and a proven interest in management (~10 EC of courses relevant for solving complex multi-actor problems), and university bachelors in architecture or others with deficiencies in their background knowledge, will have to follow courses from the online linkage programme.
To see which Master’s programmes are open to you on completion of your Bachelor’s degree from a Dutch non-technical university, see: www.studychoice.nl. If you do your Bachelor’s at a technical university, click on doorstroommatrix.
Application and enrolment
If you fulfill the admission requirements, you can apply to the CoSEM MSc programme by submitting the documents listed below (all candidates with a BSc degree are asked to submit the documents, also the ones with a TB BSc degree) AND register in studielink (see 'Registration' below):
- Documents required for application
- A completed and signed application form / aanmeldingsformulier.
- A clear and relevant motivation letter (essay) written by the applicant (±2,000 words in English) covering the following aspects:
a. Your motivation for taking the CoSEM MSc programme and what is expected from the study
b. Which track interests you most, and why?
c. Hypothetical thesis project; what kind of a project would you prefer if you were free to make a choice? Also briefly explain what you would want to explore in your thesis project. Provide a maximum of three hypothetical thesis topics and elaborate on your particular interests in them.
d. For non TB-students: a brief summary (maximum 250 words) of the thesis work or the final assignment (to be) done for the Bachelor’s programme, including information on the credits earned, grade, and full workload.
(A motivation letter helps to make a concious choice for a MSc programme. Sometimes, TB students who want to join one of the TPM MSc programmes, can be advised to follow another MSc programme. A TB student cannot be rejected for CoSEM based on the motivation letter, but sometimes ha or she can be advised to follow EPA, for example.)
- An extensive résumé (curriculum vitae) written in English by the applicant.
- A certified copy of your BSc diploma (if the BSc degree is not yet available before the application deadline, it can be submitted later).
- A certified copy of the full list of grades. In case you haven’t received all grades or your BSc diploma yet, please send a certified copy of all grades you received up till now.
- ONLY FOR FIRST REGISTRATION AT TU DELFT: A photocopy of the page(s) of your passport with photo, your name, date and place of birth and expiry date of the passport.
- ONLY FOR FIRST REGISTRATION AT TU DELFT: An extract from the population register (uittreksel gemeentelijke basisadministratie persoonsgegevens (GBA)) of recent date (max. 1 year).
Certified copies of documents should bear the original logo and original stamp of the office that issued the original document.
- Application deadline
July 1st. After this date, it will be difficult to process your application and registration on time. Please bear in mind that the linkage programme and/or the bridging programme MUST be completed before the application can be finalised. The full linkage programme will take approximately 70 hours to complete.
- Application procedure
- Send all documents required for the application to toelatingscommissie-CoSEM-TBM@tudelft.nl, in pdf format. (Please pay attention to the size of your documents to prevent it from being undeliverable)
- The selection committee will decide if the applicant can be admitted to the MSc programme or the pre-master programme and under what conditions.
a. Please note that the committee will decide if you have to follow (parts of) the linkage programme and/or the bridging programme before your application can be finalised.
b. After successfully completing the linkage and/or bridging programme, the application will be continued.
- As soon as the selection committee has decided that the applicant can be admitted, the applicant and the Central Student Administration (CSA) will be informed by email.
- If the applicant is admitted, the faculty will send all original documents required for registration to the CSA. The CSA will contact the applicant for further information about the registration.